Come see whats cookin at HelloFresh!
At HelloFresh, our mission is to revolutionize the way we eat by making it more convenient & exciting to cook meals from scratch, at home. With offices all over the world, we deliver delicious meals to millions of customers, worldwide.
HelloFresh is one of the top three largest companies to come out of Europe over the past four years! Our growth trajectory & expansion has been phenomenal only three & half years after inception, we are active in nine markets, & on three continents.
We are recognized industry leadersreceiving over $300M in investor funding, as well as numerous awards for our outstanding products & service.
As Shipping Manager, you will lead local shipping processes for our West Coast distribution center, as well as the day-to-day operations within the functional areas of shipping, distribution, & logistics. We are looking for a hands-on leader who will go out in front to drive productivity, optimize performance, & incite change from within!
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the shipping team (early morning, overnight, & backroom teams) to execute final mile delivery to ensure customer deliveries are made on time, with available resources.
- Manage a team of supervisors, leads & associates in shipping, including: interviewing, hiring, & onboarding employees; training & development; workforce planning & scheduling; tracking performance & productivity; rewarding & disciplining employees; addressing complaints & resolving issues
- Manage carrier relationships & planning function to ensure timely deliveries to sorts & customers while ensuring cube utilization; communicate daily with carriers to ensure on time compliance.
- Recommend & implement technology to manage the shipping processes, freight flow, productivity results, & backroom inventory.
- Collaborate with other departments in the distribution center to solve problems & drive improvements.
- Train new employees on standard operating procedures.
- Track & analyze data (Microsoft Excel & Google apps).
- Maintain discipline, morale & harmonious relations among team members.
- Cultivate a positive team dynamic that encourages all employees to provide feedback & drive change from within, adapt to the ever-changing business, & stay focused on the customer experience.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit: you have vision, passion & true grit; you enjoy thinking outside the box & constantly challenge the status quo
- Agile: you roll with the punches & dont get overwhelmed easily, you adapt quickly to change & know how to deliver results in a fast-paced, autonomous environment
- Results-driven: you understand there is not a one-size-fits-all approach when problem-solving & enjoy grinding away at issues to find a solution
- Strategic: you recognize & resolve situations that are ambiguous or challenging, focus effort on meeting or exceeding goals, & pave the way for efficiency
- Customer-focused: you are slightly obsessive-compulsive when it comes to customer experience & strive to deliver a product that is second to none
- Bachelors degree preferred; will consider applicants with high school diploma & 5+ years relevant experience
- 3+ years of operational leadership within food distribution (direct to consumer/eCommerce a plus)
- Background in warehousing, distribution and/or fulfillment; preferably direct to consumer / eCommerce
- Strong people & performance management; our culture is a critical part of our success & youll help drive it
- Excitement for working in a start-up environment with a high level of ambiguity & change
- Interest in spending most of your time on the shop floor & working directly with all levels of staff
- Effective communication & presentation skills across all levels & departments
- Highest levels of integrity & ethics with great follow-through on tasks
- Ability to work nights, weekends, & holidays
- Competitive Salary & 401k company match that vestsimmediately upon participation
- GenerousPTO policy & paid parental leave of 16 weeks
- $0 monthly premium & other flexible health plans
- 75% discount on your subscription to HelloFresh (as well as other product initiatives)
- Snacks, cold brew on tap & monthly catered lunches
- Company sponsored outings & Employee Resource Groups
- Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company
Our team is diverse, high-performing & international, helping us to create a truly inspiring work environment in which you will thrive!
It is the policy of HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.