Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
We are seeking an innovative & analytical thinker to support our Data Science team in the Central Europe, Middle East & Africa (CEMEA) region. As a Data Scientist, you are expected to participate in business development, develop predictive & prescriptive models, context-based prototypes, & high impact storyboards to promote a data-driven strategy & solutions approach for the company.
- Serve as an analytics expert in designing, developing & implementing best in analytic solutions
- Create & deliver powerful insights from data through better visualization & storyboarding
- Collaborate with internal & external partners to fully understand business requirements & desired business outcomes
- Demonstrate execution proficiency in handing multiple medium-to-large analytics projects in a teaming environment that includes the rest of the Data Science team
- Draft detailed scope for assigned projects, addressing suggested methodology & analytics plan
- Execute on the analytics plan with appropriate data mining & analytical techniques
- Perform quality assurance of data & deliverables for work performed by other Data Scientists & self
- Ensure all project documentation is up to date & all projects are reviewed per analytics plan
- Ensure project delivery within timelines & budget requirements
- Build on team's analytical skills & business knowledge
- Enhance existing analytics techniques by promoting new methodologies & best practices in the Data Science field
- Provide subject matter expertise & quality assurance of complex data-driven analytic projects
- Minimum of 6+ years of analytics expertise in applying statistical solutions to business problems
- Experience working in one or more of the Card Payments markets around the globe
- Post-graduate degree (Masters or PhD) in a Quantitative field such as Statistics, Mathematics, Operational Research, Computer Science, Economics, Engineering, or equivalent
- Good understanding of the Payments & Banking Industry including aspects such as consumer credit, consumer debit, prepaid, small business, commercial, co-branded & merchant
- Good knowledge of data, market intelligence, business intelligence, & AI-driven tools & technologies
- Experience planning, organizing, & managing multiple large projects with diverse cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated ability to incorporate new techniques to solve business problems
- Demonstrated resource planning & delivery skills
- Experience in distributed computing environments / big data platforms (Hadoop, Elasticsearch, etc.) as well as common database systems & value stores (SQL, Hive, HBase, etc.)
- Ability to write scratch MapReduce jobs & fluency with Spark frameworks
- Familiarity with both common computing environments (e.g. Linux, Shell Scripting) & commonly-used IDE's (Jupyter Notebooks); proficiency in SAS technologies & techniques
- Strong programming ability in different programming languages such as Python, R, Scala, Java, Matlab, C++, & SQL
- Experience in drafting solution architecture frameworks that rely on API's & micro-services
- Familiarity with common data modeling approaches, & ability to work with various datatypes including JSON, XML, etc.
- Ability to build data pipelines (e.g. ETL, data preparation, data aggregation & analysis) using tools such as NiFi, Sqoop, Ab Initio; familiarity with data lineage processes & schema management tools such as Avro
- Proficient in some or all of the following techniques: Linear & Logistic Regression, Decision Trees, Random Forests, K-Nearest Neighbors, Markov Chain, Monte Carlo, Gibbs Sampling, Evolutionary Algorithms (e.g. Genetic Algorithms, Genetic Programming), Support Vector Machines, Neural Networks, etc.
- Expert knowledge of advanced data mining & statistical modeling techniques, including Predictive modeling (e.g., binomial & multinomial regression, ANOVA); Classification techniques (e.g., Clustering, Principal Component Analysis, factor analysis); Decision Tree techniques (e.g., CART, CHAID)
- Deliver results within committed scope, timeline & budget
- Very strong people/project management skills & experience
Ability to travel within CEMEAon short notice
- Results-oriented with strong problem solving skills & demonstrated intellectual & analytical rigor
- Good business acumen with a track record in solving business problems through data-driven quantitative methodologies.
- Experience in payment, retail banking, or retail merchant industries is preferred
- Very detailed oriented, is expected to ensure highest level of quality/rigor in reports & data analysis
- Proven skills in translating analytics output to actionable recommendations & delivery
- Experience in presenting ideas & analysis to stakeholders whilst tailoring data-driven results to various audience levels
- Demonstrates integrity, maturity & a constructive approach to business challenges
- Serves as a role model for the organization & implementing core Visa Values
- Maintains respect for individuals at all levels in the workplace
- Strives for excellence & extraordinary results
- Uses sound insights & judgments to make informed decisions in line with business strategy & needs
- Able to allocate tasks & resources across multiple lines of business & geographies
- Demonstrates ability to influence senior management within & outside Data Science groups
- Can successfully persuade/influence internal stakeholders towards building best-in-class solutions
- Provides change management leadership
- Team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic, & flexible style
- Exhibits intellectual curiosity & a desire for continuous learning