Senior Product Designer - Pivotal Labs
Location: Amsterdam + Travel
Pivotal Labs is Pivotal's consulting team, & a recognized leader in modern software development practices. We work with many of the worlds most influential companies, helping them not only build great software, but fundamentally create a culture of innovation. We are excited to grow our world-class design team in London.
- Product designers at Pivotal Labs ensure we solve the right problems & understand user needs to deliver new or improved products & services that have real impact.
- The goal is to ship products that create user & business value & enable the client team to develop the skills necessary to take the product home after an engagement with our team.
- You are working with a cross-disciplinary product team of product managers, developers & data scientists & pair up with your clients.
- You are a creative problem solver who is comfortable with uncertainty & can lead the design effort from initial discovery research through to delivery.
- Iterative user feedback is part of our design process & you are in charge of running research sessions & synthesis with the team.
- You are curious & a keen learner who thrives on enhancing your & Labs' practices & knowledge. You will have the autonomy to try out new processes, especially in the spirit of agile - do what works, try new things, & stop doing things that dont work.
Youll work with your team onsite or at a Pivotal location, & regular travel across the Netherlands & some other countries in Europe is an expectation of the role. When traveling, we work on a 5-4-3 configuration: 5 days working with a customer, 4 days at the customer site, & 3 nights away from home. Typically our team will travel Monday morning to start work at lunch time, & leave Thursday afternoon to be home by the evening.
Required Skills / Experiences
- 5+ years experience in related field. Degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- Have experience designing applications, from consumer-facing to business applications.
- Lead product design from discovery research through to implementation - you want to help the team succeed more than making a nice sketch file.
- Guide product decisions through user research, customer development, & iterative feedback loops.
- Bring together a user-centred approach with business needs & technical feasibility.
- Bring deep experience in at least one of the following facets of design: user research, service design, interaction design or visual design.
- Have experience & curiosity within agile & lean philosophies.
- Have experience working independently with clients or stakeholders in a consulting role.
- A growth mindset.
Desired Skills / Experiences
- Have experience enabling clients in user-centred design best practices.
- Experienced in user research methodologies & can educate others.
- Interest in giving talks on design to clients & internal pivots.
- Experience in systems thinking & designing complex multi-sided systems.
- Able to help the development team with CSS.
- Able to travel.
- Active member of the design community.
- Experience working with Public Sector organisations
- Secret Clearance preferred
About Us VIDEO
Founded in 2013, Pivotal Software, combines our leading cloud-native platform, tools, & methodology to empower the worlds largest organizations to adapt to change & build great software. Our technology unleashes developer productivity, while fulfilling our mission to transform how the world builds software.
We believe Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) is integral to everything we do as a company & our investment in these efforts is a function of our core values as a company: Doing the Right Thing, Doing What Works & Being Kind. Learn more about our culture here.
Find out more about what we buildandour culture
Pivotal is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.