Online Content Editor, Turkish & Arabic speaker (6 months contract)
Read something interesting online today? There's a good chance it reached you because of our technology.
Taboola is the world's leading content discovery platform, serving 360B recommendations to over 1B unique visitors each month on the web's most innovative publisher sites, including NBC, USA Today, The Weather Channel, Tribune & hundreds more. Taboola is working in partnerships with Samsung, Huawei, ZTE, & some other smartphone manufacturers around the world, to create a new feature that will display recommended links on their phones.
We are hiring a freelance editor to focus on content intended for our Middle east markets, specifically focusing on Turkey. In this assignment, you will be responsible for reviewing news, & articles, & selecting items to include in the news feed offered to end users.
You must be well-versed in the Turkish realm of news, entertainment, politics, & popular culture, preferably an experienced journalist or editor from a digital media organization that focuses on a largely Turkish audience.
The editor/reviewer will be responsible for selecting articles to ensure news feed offered to end users complies with the following guidelines:
- Content policy
- Legal requirements
- Vertical/category diversity
- Diversity of sources
To qualify, you must be:
- Technologically savvy
- Able to work independently, with clear goals but little supervision
- Turkish & Arabic, plus English (speaking, reading, writing)
- Deep familiarity with culture & current affairs in Turkey & Arab Countries.
The position is a freelance position for a period of 6 months initially with the option of extension.
Must submit your CV in English for consideration
- If you ask our employees what they love about Taboola they will tell you that here they are able to discover their best professional self, explore where they can grow to, & learn from & together with smart & talented people
- We work with some of the biggest names in the business. Our clients include Bloomberg, NBC, Wells Fargo, & ESPN.
- Taboola offers very generous benefits.
By submitting your application/CV, any personal information you provide will be subject to Taboolas Employee Data Policy (https://www.taboola.com/documents/employee-data-policy.pdf) Please review our policy carefully before submitting any of your personal information. You may contact us at email@example.com with any questions about how we collect or use your personal information, or your applicable rights.