We believe teachers have one of the most vital jobs in the world, & were here to support them. What began as a word-of-mouth marketplace where teachers could buy & sell educational resources is now a teacher-powered digital learning platform. Our community of 7M+ educators relies on us for engaging, accessible, classroom-ready materialsand we rely on our team members to continue developing solutions that improve the lives of teachers, students, and, ultimately, the state of education itself.
About the Team:
The Easel group at TpT is creating the next generation of device-enabled learning experiences for the millions of teachers & students relying on our platform. We are launching tools that allow teachers to easily distribute assignments & let students complete their work & receive feedback on their devices. We are building features for teachers to better understand the progress students are making as they complete this work digitally.
As a Staff Engineer at TpT youll be a net producer of technical strategy, helping TpT identify new & effective ways to solve various engineering challenges relevant to our products & platform. On Easel, in particular, youll help lead the strategy that realizes a high-quality & rapidly growing featureset for teachers & students to use in the classroom. You will give architectural guidance to how our services can meet the demands of the millions of users that have engaged with Easel over the past 2 years. You will drive discovery & decisioning on new vendors, technology frameworks, & refactoring of our core modules. Youll also dive deep into the product strategy & vision for Easel, mapping that to the most important technology questions that need to be resolved to power our success.
- Drive discovery & decisioning on vendors, architecture changes, new technologies, technical investment priorities, & other strategic concerns. Align to our product strategy & roadmap.
- Provide mentorship & feedback to the engineering team through a variety of methods: direct 1:1s, presentations & papers, code & design reviews.
- Drive discovery, implementation & delivery of major technical initiatives, including those involving multiple engineers, multiple teams.
- Contribute to the maintenance & operation in production of the systems the team supports & builds by participating in our on-call rotation.
- Identify, highlight, & tackle the highest priority work, both within ongoing projects & in suggesting new opportunities to explore.
- Experience in working across multiple languages & technologies & demonstrated capacity to dive into new concepts & learn. Nodejs, Typescript, React, Kubernetes, AWS, GraphQL & MySQL are all big pluses.
- Strong track record of driving quality for your domains through observability, iterative learning, testing & related tactics.
- Experience in building scalable & extensible patterns & services that can continue to evolve past their initial implementation.
- Depth in at least one major area of the stack (backend, frontend, infrastructure), with experience across the stack. Able to adopt a systems mindset to solve fullstack problems for our users.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills demonstrated through presentations, documents, meetings, & other tools to drive alignment or resolve ambiguity.
Benefits & Perks:
At TpT, we believe the positive experience of employees is essential to growth, both individually & collectively. To achieve our mission of Empowering Educators to Teach at Their Best, we must also empower the members of our TpT Team to work at their best. To that end, two of our core company values are We Learn & Grow Together & We Enjoy the Journey. Weve committed to these values & to our employees through investing in added benefits & perks:
- Comprehensive Medical, Vision & Dental Benefits
- Free Telemedicine Membership - 24/7 access to trusted medical advisors
- Generous PTO & Wellness Days
- 5 Week Recharge Leave after 5 Years, to refresh & celebrate the impact youve had at TpT
- Generous Parental Leave (for new parents) for time to adjust to parenthood, plus additional six weeks for the birth parent
- Onsite Mothers Room
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) to promote employee inclusivity & belonging
- Engineering Learning Fridays (ELF), to provide a space each week for Engineering teams to collaborate & learn from each other
- Professional Development Stipend, to support the professional growth of employees (including - but not limited to - subscriptions, books, lectures, etc.)
- Annual Company Events (Camp TpT, Field Day, Hackathons, Holiday Party, Summer Picnic, Classroom Visits, etc.)
Here at TpT we value Diversity & Inclusion & encourage people to bring their most authentic selves to work. We cultivate an environment where people are recognized & celebrated for their individuality.
Any TpT applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the interview process should contact the TpT People Ops Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Finally, if youre a California resident, California law requires that we provide you notice about the collection & use of your personal information. We encourage you to read it carefully. You can find our full notice here.