Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in todays most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, & The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, & more, both online & at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 alumni & counting.
In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent & spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloittes Technology Fast 500, & Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
General Assembly (GA) is seeking a self-driven, innovative Compliance Specialist. This individual will assist in the development & implementation of GAs compliance program & monitoring & reporting on activities across GAs business. Regulatory compliance is an integral component of business decisions at GA & the Compliance Specialist will be a critical part of ensuring compliance obligations are clear & understandable to all colleagues.
Reporting to the Director of Compliance & Regulatory Affairs, the Compliance Specialist will be responsible for the following duties:
- Work with the regulatory team to interpret laws, rules & regulations to identify specific requirements, & articulate these requirements in verbal and/or written communications.
- Support the globalization of existing policies & implementation of these standards.
- Proactively promote a culture of quality & compliance in assisting with the development of training materials, best practices & other tools to assist in providing education compliance training throughout the GA community.
- Maintains compliance matrix for each campus & enrollment requirements/contracts
- Participate in the design & implementation of an updated global records management program & process flows.
- Support the organization in identifying global record digitization & privacy standards.
- Maintain compliance matrix for each campus & state compliance requirements
- Maintain compliance reporting schedule & communicate requirements to functional areas & campuses
- Maintain project plan of reporting dates, gather data from various sources & ensure timely reporting
Evaluation & Reporting
- Monitor & report on the education compliance program activities for the individual campuses, as well as General Assembly as a whole
- Due diligence & campus reviews providing accurate compliance assessments & gap analysis to identify emerging issues & recommend solutions to address these issues
- Lead the process of internal compliance audits & reviews to evaluate the effectiveness of the internal controls in place to mitigate compliance risks
- Assist GA campuses & online team in developing tools & templates for the evaluation of internal controls to help ensure education compliance overall key functions of operations
- Provide clear & accurate verbal and/or written reports, including presentations, to key leadership & managers regarding compliance matters.
Skills & Qualifications:
- 2+ years of compliance, internal control, internal audit or risk management experience
- You have strong analytical & organizational skills with a particular attention to detail
- You possess superior interpersonal skills to manage internal & external relationships
- You have proven the ability to prioritize work with a high degree of independence in managing several projects simultaneously, while setting priorities, & meeting deadlines
- You have excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Willingness to learn complex regulatory laws & demystify statues to internally & externally
- Experience working in compliance and/or higher education is preferred
- A passion for education & for changing lives
- You bring a contagious positivity & enthusiasm to the teams you join!
- Process Management
- Priority Setting
- Interpersonal Savvy