As the Director, Factory Operations, you will manage the organization responsible for producing the Peloton Bike & Tread products & their associated systems for both internal & external customers. Current operations are in New Jersey & California, & we're looking to expand our North American footprint. You will build & coach the teams that ultimately fulfill value to our customers reliably & predictably.
We are seeking candidates with expertise in managing lean manufacturing operations. This includes continuously improving our safety, quality, delivery & efficiency, driving the organizational, cultural, & process changes needed to identify inefficiencies & improve flow. You will coach the managers & teams in the group to help them succeed, providing clarity, detecting & resolving issues, instrumenting a framework for continuous improvement, & ensuring that the teams have what they need to deliver with quality, autonomy & purpose. You will have a high degree of ownership, a growth-oriented mindset, & a passion for enabling your teams, & Peloton, to succeed.
This role will report to the Vice President of US Manufacturing.
- Responsible for the oversight of manufacturing operations within facilities in Perris CA, Carteret, NJ, & other facilities as we scale
- Directs manufacturing activities to ensure maximum quality is delivered safely, efficiently & on-time
- Develops, maintains, & improves metrics monitoring performance & attainment of objectives & key results
- Collaborates with key business leaders to ensure reliable & timely launch & ongoing supply of products to the marketplace
- Responsible for all aspects of the budget for the Manufacturing Operations group; including expense planning, resource forecasting, & cost reductions as necessary
- Partners with Quality & Compliance, Supply Chain, Product, Engineering, & Commercial functions to coordinate the manufacturing process for the introduction of new products, equipment, processes, & technology
- Participates in strategic planning processes (including the Sales & Operations Planning process) & develops long-range plans to meet business profit & growth objectives
- Develops, reviews, & implements strategies & actions resulting in continuous improvement in safety, product quality, product delivery, productivity, material utilization, customer service, workforce diversity, quality of work life, & lower manufacturing costs
- Ensures robust procedures & training are in place, & that operations are following compliance as required by the EH & S department
- Forges close relationships with members of the Operations Leadership Team & other key stakeholders, to ensure best practices are developed & implemented
- Supports cultural improvements & programs that are sustainable & employee engagement driven
- Manages staff selection, performance & development, to ensure team competencies & capabilities to reach the business goals & expectations
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial/Manufacturing Engineering; advanced degree preferred (MBA, MS Engineering Mgmt, etc.)
- 15+ years of progressively senior experience in Operations management & lean manufacturing implementation
- 8+ years of people management experience
- Extensive knowledge of World Class Manufacturing (WCM) methodology or comparable tools
- Ability to drive a manufacturing organization to high levels of safety & performance, as evidenced by a track record of consistent delivery & development of systems & processes to support customers & business needs
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective internal & external relationships across functional & geographic boundaries in pursuit of business goals
- Must be familiar with electronic assembly operations, facilities & techniques
- Working knowledge of factors which impact standard production cost with an eye towards continuous improvement (Mfg Var, Labor Var, Scrap, etc.)
- Ability to influence outcomes, utilizing effective communication skills across functions & at senior levels
- Strong business acumen / commercial focus, with the ability to translate business challenges into practical strategies
- Demonstrated ability to manage change across teams & multiple facilities
- Conflict Management, analytical, & diplomacy skills
- Continuous improvement techniques with manufacturing processes & capabilities
- Excellent leadership skills, as evidenced by a track record of hiring, retaining, developing & motivating top-tier Operations talent
- Demonstrated ability to build strong teams & track record of personal engagement & relationship with colleagues, direct reports, employees, customers, & suppliers
- Development & implementation of Operations strategy; including KPIs in a visual management system
- Driver of innovation & change
- Strong customer service focus
- Understanding of Financial planning & ERP systems
- Excellent problem-solving, written & verbal communication, & presentation/facilitation skills
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 3 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, & the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, & convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves.
An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, & media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, & world-class streaming digital fitness & wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brands immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, Peloton Bike+, Peloton Tread+, & Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku TVs, & Chromecast & Android TV. Founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada & Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.