Location: New York, London
At the moment, a majority of us are still working remotely. However, we have offices in London & New York, & this position can be based in either office. We are flexible on remote work but our preference is that you are within a reasonable distance of one of our locations (subject to your existing legal right to work in either jurisdiction).
OpenFin is a fast-growing financial technology company backed by the worlds largest banks & most respected Fintech VCs, including J.P. Morgan, Barclays, HSBC, Wells Fargo, SC Ventures, Bain Capital Ventures, DRW, Nyca Partners, & Pivot Investment Partners.
OpenFin modernizes & democratizes app development & distribution in the finance space. We provide a secure operating environment that brings a fast & intuitive app experience to the financial desktop. Built on top of Googles Chromium & GitHubs Electron open source projects, OpenFin combines native experience, data sharing, lightning-fast distribution, & robust security with an agile web development & deployment model to accelerate digital transformation & innovation. OpenFin is used by thousands of developers to build, deploy, & run more than 1200 mission-critical apps at more than 1500 financial institutions.
About the Role
We are looking for a Program Manager to help us to add visibility & streamline the product delivery processes as we enter a period of explosive growth. You will have responsibility for establishing a scalable Program Management function for our Product & Design teams at OpenFin & you will report directly to our VP of Product Management. Youll work closely with colleagues across Product & Design, Sales, Support & Engineering, acting as an accelerator by ensuring visibility into priorities, program status, & facilitating efficient & effective handoffs within & between teams.
- Assist with project prioritization for all Product & Design efforts
- Visualise our Product roadmaps including engineering timelines & identifying cross-team dependencies
- Help shape use of internal tools & continually improve processes to streamline product definition & delivery
- Ensure consistent & clear communication, follow through on action items & ensure successful project execution
- Work to ensure that definition of done metrics are completed for work products
- Work with Product Management & other departments on project planning, communication & rollout
- Manage reviews, follow up & open questions for critical product deliverables with necessary mitigation, escalation & backup plans as appropriate
- The ability to build strong relationships & collaborate with key resources within Product & Technology & each area of the business.
- The ability to balance a variety of product needs & priorities according to business needs.
- Strong interpersonal skills including but not limited to: problem solving, decision making, influencing, change management, written & oral communications along with the ability to work collaboratively with diverse groups.
- The ability to multitask & remain highly organized in a fast paced, highly collaborative environment.
- The ability to identify, escalate, track & communicate various types of project risks & issues to management, peers & other stakeholders.
- Experience with a variety of methodologies including Scrum, Agile, PMI-BOK, & related.
Bonus points if you have experience in
- Financial or FinTech domain knowledge, especially trading systems
- Consulting at a Product firm
- Experience with remote teams, particularly with international teams
Life at OpenFin
At OpenFin, our mission is to stay on the cutting edge of web technologies & to enable our customers to do the same. While we are currently remote, we pride ourselves on our friendly, diverse, understanding office culture. Our goal is to create a space where employees can learn & innovate, & overall, have a good time doing it. Our employees have a diverse set of interests & experiences, & we encourage you to explore those interests & share with us! We have regular happy hours & social events. Our offices & our employees are conducive to a productive learning experience -- all the while creating innovative & compelling solutions for our clients.