Moda Operandi is looking for a Director of Engineering to join our technology department, & manage infrastructure for our supply chain systems. In this position, you will work closely with members of the Product team while overseeing a team of engineers to build new product features & improvements. In addition to defining the tech roadmap, the Director of Engineering will also be responsible for growing our engineering team, & defining best practices.
Youll Get To:
- Manage full-stack software engineering teams to craft highly available, resilient, & scalable solutions
- Recruit, motivate, mentor, & lead the best engineering talent.
- Continuously improve software engineering practices
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, & diversity
- Lead efforts to deploy new & existing applications into AWS environments
- Break existing monolithic applications into micro service architectures & build new microservices
- Adroitly prioritize tech-debt pay-down projects as well as larger strategic initiatives
- Act as a key member of our technology leadership team helping to define & influence architecture, development, release, & infrastructure decisions
- Establish KPIs that help measure application stability & performance, quality of overall software solutions & engineering team productivity
- Help drive adoption & best-practice usage of Agile practices
- Serve as key partner to our Product Management team, advising on technical implementations, removing impediments & ensuring software engineering team productivity
- Hold our software engineering team accountable for execution of best practices; overall solution quality & performance; & management of technical debt
- Help build the Moda Tech brand & culture, both internally & externally
- 7+ years hands-on software development experience
- 4+ years experience in managing software development teams, including multiple teams at a time and/or leads of those teams
- Experience with the digital side of supply chain & warehouse operations
- A commitment to fully-encapsulated teams that own all parts of the software development lifecycle, from dev to test to prod, & utilizing best-practice techniques around code review, CI/CD, automation, & infrastructure-as-code
- An Agile way of working & prioritization
- A high sense of ownership, both individually & in the teams under you
- A history of embracing & incubating emerging technology & open source products
- The ability to motivate teams & guide them through their career development
- Experience in building both teams & products that scale
- Eagerness to collaborate across both Tech & Moda as a whole
- Excitement to drive culture internally, & promote that culture externally
- A deep understanding of modern web applications & API design; experience with issues related to scale, security, availability, deployment, & server maintenance
- Strong technical knowledge in one or more of: AWS, Scala, MySQL, event-driven systems
- The ability to learn anything you don't already know to get the job done
About the Engineering Team
The retail space is one of the most rapidly changing industries today, & Moda stays at the forefront of those moves because of its innovative engineering team. Theyre working on some of the biggest advances in tech right now: artificial intelligence, big data analysis, machine learning, & customized, innovative tools. The entire tech stack is built in-house, using the latest tools & frameworks.
Moda is a young startup with a dynamic culture, engineers at the company can have an oversized impact with their work advancing not only Modas technology, but the retail industry as a whole. Engineers arent told how they should implement new features Moda has created a great culture for self-driven experimentation, innovation, & fresh ideas.
About Moda Operandi:
Moda Operandi is an e-commerce platform transforming the way people discover & shop for designer fashion. Through its innovative mix of commerce & content, Moda allows women & men to shop for whats new & whats next in designer fashion from the worlds leading emerging designers & luxury brands. Founded in 2010, Moda Operandi's mission is to make it easy for designers to grow their businesses & consumers to realize their personal style. Today, Modas platform carries more than 1,000 brands & designers across fashion, fine jewelry & home, ships to 125 countries, & has raised nearly $300M in funding from top-tier global investors.