The Product team at Squarespace is looking for a Director of Product, Web Presence to create & execute on a vision encompassing a broad swath of the product organization, including our award-winning publishing platform, Squarespaces core product, our mobile apps, & interface architecture platforms - all of which empowers people with creative ideas to succeed.
As the Director of Product, Web Presence, youll develop high level product strategy, goal setting, product reviews, career development, team culture, & group operations to ensure we build an engaged product organization that ships great products. Youll shape the direction of not only our existing products but also create & deliver new products to further differentiate Squarespace & strengthen our position in the market.
You are data-driven & motivated by business & customer impact impact. You have experience leading product teams that own large, complex product lines that drive adoption & paid user growth. You are deeply in touch with the needs customers, & build products they love. You are excited by questions that do not have obvious answers, you have a strong product design sense, an understanding of the engineering requirements to achieve those outcomes & the motivation to iterate to build best-in-class products; & youre focused on interpreting data & maximizing business outcomes.
- Define product strategy for a marketing suite that drives ARPU expansion & user growth
- Collaborate with engineering & design to ship new, impactful changes & ensure consistency across the Squarespace platform overall including preparing requirements documents & technical specifications, coordinating user research, & tracking progress across multiple workstreams
- Mentor & help set strategy for a team of product managers & coordinate with other managers to ensure appropriate staffing to achieve your goals
- Lead the hiring & development of a team of PMs to achieve our goals
- Partner with product marketing, customer operations, analytics, & strategy to further understand user needs & combine those needs into product strategy & roadmaps
- Build relationships throughout the organization by creating agreement on strategy, managing complex projects across multiple teams.
- Help shape processes & standards for product management at Squarespace
- 9 years of experience in product management, preferably in companies building marketing technology for small businesses, & at least 5 years experience managing product managers & diverse teams in a highly collaborative environment
- Communicate product vision & inspire teams, & present to customers
- Strong leader with the ability to inspire & motivate a team & foster strong team culture
- Experience successfully driving user growth & engagement of new product lines & finding product/market fit.
- Keen product intuition & UX design sensibilities, with an understanding of & empathy for users
- Deep curiosity, creative thinking, & a mindset of experimentation & learning
- Maximize efficiency in an evolving environment where the process is fluid & creative solutions are the norm
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the worlds most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespaces team of more than 850 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch & snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.