RAPP Chicago is looking for a Senior Developer to join our award-winning team.
WHO WE ARE:
We think too much marketing isnt us. Its mass markets, not audiences of one. Homogenous groups to be targeted, not individuals to be inspired. Segments to reach, not people with their own ideas & ambitions. Its one size fits all, & its dull.
When it comes to individuals, were fierce. We stand up for individuality. We speak up against bland, broad-brush generalizations. We fight for solutions that adapt to the individuals needs, beliefs, behaviors, & aspirations. And we commit to doing this in every aspect of our work for clients & their consumers.
We actively foster an inclusive workplace where diversity & individual difference are valued & leveraged to achieve the agencys vision. And most importantly, we value every individuals wellbeing.
We are Fiercely Individual.
HOW WE DO IT:
At RAPP, we are fiercely focused on the individual & how we can create value from every individuals experience with a brand. We do this across three capability areas: customer-centric consulting, creativity that inspires action & customer experience management.
Our data analysts know who that person is. Our strategists understand what they want. And our award-winning technologists & creatives know how to get it to them.
RAPP is an integral part of Omnicoms Precision Marketing Group, comprising 4,000 creatives, technologists, strategists, & data & marketing scientists across 40 global markets.
RAPP has a tradition that encourages entrepreneurial thinking, innovative solutions, & the conviction to execute. We seek individuals who thrive in a fast-paced, problem-solving environments. We are looking for a talented Sr Developer with a specialty working in email campaign development, marketing automation environment, custom front end application development, APIs, data pipelines, AWS & microservices. In this role, you will help build a data lake for the marketing information & implement pub/sub messaging model for the streaming data from external systems. This role offers exposure to a wide variety of AWS technology stack, & an opportunity to work in the niche AWS GovCloud platform that is offered only to the Department of Defense agencies. In this role, you will have endless possibilities to grow & make an impact, in an organization that is witnessing tremendous business growth.
- Develop front end solutions using modern libraries of HTML, CSS, JS in custom applications & email campaign environments
- Develop, debug & create microservices & web-apps using Python. Includes some work in C#/Java/.Net/Node etc, Spring boot, MySQL, NoSQL on AWS.
- Work with streaming data solutions like Kafka, Kinesis etc.
- Explore new AWS technologies, develop & design microservices, & undertake proof of concepts.
- Debug production incidents around Microservices, authentication, authorization, database, elastic search, UI(React) etc.
- Deliver using agile process
- 3+ years of Software Development experience
- 3+ years of HTML, CSS, JS development experience in an agile team environment
- Bachelors degree in CS. Advanced degree preferred
- 2+ years experience working in cloud based infrastructure. AWS Cloud Platform preferred. Specifically: EC2, S3, ECS/EKS, IAM, API Gateway, Lambda, VPC, Subnets, RDS, SNS, SQS, SES etc.
- 2+ years experience with Python development
- 2+ years experience mentoring development team
- US Citizenship or Green Card equivalent
NICE TO HAVE:
- Agile workflow & practices using JIRA & Confluence.
- Relational & NoSQL databases & proficiency in using SQL commands.
- CI/CD pipelines & associated tools like Jenkins, CodeBuild, CodeDeploy etc.
- Proficiency in development of REST APIs, microservices etc.
- Familiarity with Infrastructure automation tools like Terraform, CloudFormation, Ansible etc.
- Detail oriented, organized, & the ability to meet deadlines while working several projects simultaneously
- Strong verbal & written communication
- Containerization (docker/podman)
- Terraform automation
- PostgreSQL database
- Test-driven development (checked in code requires 80% code coverage)
- Git workflow (git & AWS CodeCommit)
- API creation & consumption (RESTful APIs)
- Experience in:
- C#/.NET application development
- js & typescript
- MySQL database
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.