Sales Development Representative (SDR)
Location: London or Hybrid Remote
We have an office in London & this position can be based in the office or hybrid remote (subject to your existing legal right to work in the jurisdiction).
OpenFin is a high-growth enterprise productivity tech company backed by the worlds largest banks & most respected FinTech VCs, including J.P. Morgan, Barclays, HSBC, Wells Fargo, SC Ventures, Bain Capital Ventures, DRW, Nyca Partners, & Pivot Investment Partners. OpenFin modernises & democratises app development & distribution in the finance space. We provide a secure OS that brings a fast & intuitive app experience to the financial desktop. Built on Googles Chromium, OpenFin combines native experience, data sharing, lightning-fast distribution, & robust security with an agile web development & deployment model to accelerate digital transformation & innovation. Within finance, the number of firms utilising OpenFin technology has grown from 2,400 to 3,800 since the launch of Workspace in May 2021.
About the Role
We are currently recruiting for a seasoned Sales Development Representative (SDR) to join our steadily growing sales team! In this role, you will be responsible for driving our lead generation efforts. You will be focused on researching & developing new business opportunities & establishing positive rapports with our clients. The ideal candidate will be both personable & creative, with an innate ability to think outside the box.
In the first 90 days, you can expect to:
- Begin booking both inbound & outbound meetings for our Sales Directors in New York, London & Hong Kong (and start earning commission!)
- Research & develop new business opportunities for our Sales Directors
- Spend extensive time with all areas of the business to increase your knowledge of OpenFins technology & our client base
- Get a good understanding of how to use our sales resources, including Outreach, Salesforce, Sales Navigator & ZoomInfo
Within the first 6 months you will be responsible for:
- Working your own pipeline & proving your ability to book meetings with our key target accounts
- Gaining a good understanding of your target market & how to approach different personas
- Building & maintaining relationships with your prospects , build rapport
- Demonstrating your ability to effectively communicate your understanding of OpenFin in a role play scenario
By your 1 year anniversary you will have accomplished:
- Hitting your targets consistently
- An in-depth understanding of OpenFins product & positioning, demonstrated in role play practices & on the phone to clients
- Becoming a meaningful contributor to the overall success of the sales team & culture
- Efficiently managing your own pipeline
What We're Looking For
- 1-2 years sales/sales development experience working in the Finance industry or experience working for a SaaS company with Enterprise products strongly preferred
- Experience or knowledge of capital markets is strongly preferred
- Exceptional communication skills, both oral & written, coupled with the ability to confidently collaborate with senior individuals (internal & external facing)
- Excellent organisational skills, with a diligent work ethic & a very strong attention to detail in all areas of work
What Were Offering
- Time to Rejuvenate - 25 days of paid time off, in addition to 8 paid holidays each calendar year
- Time to Recuperate - 40 hours of sick time each calendar year
- Medical Insurance - A group medical insurance plan with Vitality which includes a personal health fund, medical/dental treatment, mental health & advanced cancer coverage
- Parental Leave & Workplace Nursery Benefit
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Stock Options
Additional Perks -
- Access to the Vitality GP App - Schedule virtual GP consultations & receive referrals
- Vitality Plus Benefits - 50% off select gym memberships, 50% off running shoes & bikes, free 30-minute health checks, Apple Watch discounts, etc.
- Unlimited Coffee, Tea, Snacks, & Beer on Tap
Life at OpenFin
At OpenFin, our mission is to stay on the cutting edge of web technologies & to enable our customers to do the same. We pride ourselves on our friendly, diverse, understanding & supportive culture. Our goal is to create a space where employees can learn & innovate, & overall, have a good time doing it. We value & appreciate that our employees have a wide set of interests & experiences. Getting to know each other & forming relationships is important, which is why we regularly host offsite events, happy hours & virtual social hours, in addition to having a variety of Employee Resource Groups to participate in. Our environment is conducive to a productive & enjoyable learning experience -- aligned together, moving fast & working to create compelling solutions for our clients.
Voted FinTech of the Year, 2022 at the US FinTech Awards