RAPP New York is looking for an Motion Designer
to join our award-winning team.
We are the agency absolutely, utterly, fiercely focused on the individual. We use our data, technology & creative smarts to make meaningful, connections with every single person a brand knows.
As a guiding ethos, RAPP stands up for Individuality. So much as, that's in our agency value proposition. We're committed to racial justice, equality, representation, & unbiased economic opportunity, because we know that the strength of our diversity helps us create our best work. And we believe in harnessing the strength of all our Fiercely Individual people, & the differences among us, because that's the surest way to positively impact our business & network culture.
We are a member of Omnicoms Precision Marketing Group (OPMG) focused on digital & CRM marketing.
As a Motion Designer, you are fluent in a wide variety of software & always up to date on all new technologies. This person should be a tinkerer who likes to explore new animation & design solutions.
- Seamlessly transition between visual design, video editing & animation software
- Demonstrate a sense of ownership & attention to detail executing creative, narrative motion design
- Communicate visual designs, motion design, concepts & storyboards through presentations
- Possess organizational & time management skills with the ability to work on several projects at once
- Proactively tracks trends & be able to pass this knowledge on to the rest of the team
- Take ownership of major deliverables & smaller programs
- Mentor/teach other designers on best practices & new software
- Design & produce animated motion graphics, titles, text, & characters in After Effects.
- Translate production specs & creative concepts into visual ideas through storyboards, motion graphics and/or animation.
- Basic IT housekeeping of software, plugins, assets, style-guides & folder structure.
- Export & deliver appropriate files to the specification given.
- Have a passion for doing great creative work.
- 35 years of motion design experience (agency experience a plus)
- An expert understanding of Photoshop, Illustrator, Animate, After Effects, & Premiere Pro. Cinema 4d is a big plus
- Ability to create motion design for websites prototype & mobile apps
- Understanding of animation techniques
- Knowledge of sound editing programs
- 3D animation & modeling with Maya and/or Cinema 4D a plus
- Recognizes the value that different perspectives & cultures bring to an organization & seeks to understand those different perspectives & cultures
- Contributes to a work culture where differences are valued & supported
- Is sensitive to cultural norms, expectations, & ways of communicating