Who are we?
WorldRemit is changing the way people send money abroad. Weve taken something complicated & made it simple. Tap the WorldRemit App or click our website & your international transfer is made to a bank account, cash pickup, Mobile Money, or airtime top-up. We send to more than 145 countries & the number is growing all the time.
Using WorldRemit is easy because we do the hard bit, connecting hundreds of banks, money agents, mobile operators & payment systems around the world. These were never designed to work together, but WorldRemit makes it happen.
The journey is just beginning. We believe in faster, simpler, lower-cost money transfers. That means building beautiful products & better services for our customers.
Changing the world isnt easy so we only hire the most talented people. You need to think differently, believe in new solutions to old problems, & have the drive to make them happen.
WorldRemit has grown at an average 50% year on year & is now processing over 1.5bn of remittances on an annualised basis. The recently company went through its Series C financing & raised $40m. The company currently employees over 600 employees & has offices in London, USA, Philippines, Poland, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Japan, Hong Kong & other locations.
World Remit is looking to recruit a new member who can prepare accurate financial information as well as owning the monthly & quarterly US state reporting process. The candidate will need to push towards improving current processes with the aim of automating as much as possible. The candidate will need to show strong cross collaboration between local teams in the US as well as teams in other offices, globally.
Duties include (but are not limited to):
- Responsible for the production of timely & accurate monthly management accounts for the entities encompassing the NA region, including P&L, balance sheet & cash flow;
- Provide insights into the movements in the P&L & balance sheet versus prior periods & budgets;
- Assist in the completion of the year-end statutory accounts & actively participate in the annual audit;
- Own the monthly payroll reporting process;
- Work closely with the broader UK & US Finance teams to ensure process development & alignment throughout the group;
- Own the monthly & quarterly state reporting process. This includes preparing & submitting the reports directly to the regulators;
- Interacting, collaborating & communicating with both the US compliance team & the US Regulators to ensure all licencing requirements are adhered to;
- Participating in the development & deployment of end-to-end automated processes within both the finance & reporting teams;
- Act as the critical accounting point of contact for the North American office & ensuring adherence to local GAAP;
- Ad hoc requests for financial information from both internal teams as well as third parties;
- Work on other projects as & when required
- BS In Accounting with at least 3 years of experience, CPA Preferred
- Attention to detail
- Determined, resilient
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft products, particularly Excel, Word & Outlook
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of NetSuite
- Money Transfer Industry Experience