Fastly helps people stay better connected with the things they love. Fastlys edge cloud platform enables customers to create great digital experiences quickly, securely, & reliably by processing, serving, & securing our customers applications as close to their end-users as possible at the edge of the Internet. The platform is designed to take advantage of the modern internet, to be programmable, & to support agile software development. Fastlys customers include many of the worlds most prominent companies, including Vimeo, Pinterest, The New York Times, & GitHub.
We're building a more trustworthy Internet. Come join us.
Senior Director - Customer Development
The Senior Director, Customer Development will orchestrate Fastlys global inbound & outbound opportunity development team, driving efforts to increase the number of qualified opportunities that result in closed-won business. They will develop a team of global CDRs (outbound) & lead the Director of Market Development (inbound team). This is a highly strategic role where they will be able to control business decisions for Fastlys inbound & outbound pipeline building team. This leader will be responsible for:
What You'll Do
- Build out & manage a distributed team of Market Development Representatives (MDRs) & Customer Development Representatives (CDRs) responsible for developing inbound & outbound-sourced opportunities & associated pipeline
- Work with Revenue Leadership to develop strategic MDR & CDR support of specific verticals, regions, & the overall growth of revenue & margin expansion
- Work directly with the VP of Sales to establish go-to-market strategy & goals, hire & nurture a sales team, & forecast requirements for the sales business
- Collaborate with Sales Operations to craft & issue individual quotas
- Identify ways to increase the quality, quantity & predictability of opportunities, tracking deal flow statistics & progress through the Salesforce pipeline
- Mentor & develop CDRs to improve their opportunity sourcing & close rates for their territories
- Monitor & give feedback to the Sales Leadership & Marketing to ensure lead scoring & lead qualification is continuously improving, & assigning next steps through sales & nurture paths
- Design weekly & monthly metrics & ensure they are met by conducting regular progress assessments
- Partner with ABM team to support integrated campaigns & trade shows
- Design & implement a regular cadence of sales prospecting campaigns, & track success in Salesforce
- Collaborate with Marketing to optimize the lead funnel, ensure a positive customer experience, & relay market feedback to improve sales collateral, messaging, etc
- Conduct performance reviews to ensure direct reports are developing skills & achieving targets. Monitor MDRs / CDRs in line for promotion & enable top performers to progress in their careers
- Learn to teach the value of Fastly products & services to new CDRs & to encourage full understanding of Fastly technology
- Partner with Sales Enablement to further develop & execute onboarding & continuous enablement of MDRs & CDRs
- Effectively lead the Director of Market Development, responsible for Fastlys MDR program, to exceed their team goals & pipeline & expand Market Development & Customer Development globally.
What We're Looking For
- Have 10+ years of experience in Sales roles, specifically, 4+ of those years experience in Sales as an MDR / CDR or Sales leader
- Detail-oriented, with excellent written & oral communication skills
- Mentoring skills- ability to identify strengths & gaps, & develop strategies for continual improvement
- Ability to organize & make sense of significant quantities of lead & data flow
- Knowledge of Salesforce & how to coach teams to optimize use
- Able to work across the organization with a diverse team
- Self-starter & hard worker who is at home in a fast-paced sales environment
- Position can be based on New York, Chicago, Denver, or San Francisco
- MBA in Business and/or Sales & Marketing experience preferred
- We have a huge impact. Fastly is a small company with a big reach. Not only do our customers have a tremendous user base, but we also support a growing number of open source projects & initiatives. Outside of code, employees are encouraged to share causes close to their heart with others so we can help lend a supportive hand.
- We love distributed teams. Fastlys home-base is in San Francisco, but we have multiple offices & employees sprinkled around the globe. In fact, 50% of our employees work outside of SF! An international remote culture is in our DNA.
- We care about you. Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, & we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits like up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave, options for free medical/dental/vision plans, & an open vacation program that enables our folks to take the time they need to recharge (some benefits may vary by location).
- We value diversity. Growing & maintaining our inclusive & diverse team matters to us. We are committed to being a company where our employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work & have the ability to be successful -- every day.
- We are passionate. Fastly is chock full of passionate people & were not one size fits all. Fastly employs authors, pilots, skiers, parents (of humans & animals), makeup geeks, coffee connoisseurs, & more. We love employees for who they are & what they are passionate about.
Were always looking for humble, sharp, & creative folks to join the Fastly team. If you think you might be a fit please apply!
Fastly is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity & to providing employees with a safe & welcoming work environment free of discrimination & harassment.
Employment decisions at Fastly are based on business needs, job requirements & individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability*, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Fastly encourages applicants from all backgrounds.
*Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act & certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Fastly. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.