As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The European Automation team is part of a global team responsible for the development, support, continuous improvement & delivery of our internal Cloud provisioning & automation platform.
Our team works together to build a wide variety of web experiences that power, extend & showcase Visa's internal Cloud platform, such as requesting & managing environments using either VMs, containers or bare metals, workflow automation tools, graphs & visualizations for relationships/utilization & a whole lot more. On this team, you will create efficient & reusable systems with extensive test coverage & modern technologies. You will also work in a rapidly iterative environment where we prototype new user interfaces, services & ship new code frequently. Ultimately, you will have the opportunity to own projects by driving architectural, product & technological decisions.
- Design, develop & maintain scalable, distributed, multi-threaded applications
- Be a proactive player & have a passion for delivering zero-defect, high-quality code
- Collaborate with team members, locally & globally, in design reviews, development & code reviews
- Partner with Product Management & our customers to deliver robust & usable solutions to meet functional requirements
- Work with various Technology & Business counterparts to drive the continuous improvements of the platforms
- Create documentation & procedures for development, deployment & maintenance
- Deliver all assigned responsibilities in a timely manner & with a high level of quality
- Look to the future & help identify new trends, design patterns & technologies that ensure we continue to deliver the best solutions
Visa are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives & experiences. We're looking for the next generation of Techies - dreamers, disruptors, creatives & trailblazers - who are fascinated by new technology & want to be empowered to change the way business is done.
Therefore, our basic requirements are few:
- Current university student graduating in 2020, ready to start full-time work in September
- Pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or a STEM/technical field
- Experience building REST based web services & web applications using Java & Spring framework
- Experience writing unit & integration test cases
As part of the role you will also gain exposure too:
- Microservices, Docker & Kubernetes
- Cloud platforms (e.g. AWS, Azure orGoogle Cloud) & building automation around their API's
- Monitoring & logging solutions such as Prometheus, Splunk, Cloudwatch and/or ELK stack
If you're interested in a career that will surprise you - get in touch with Visa today.