Why join Igloo:
One of our core beliefs at Igloo is that people are a companys biggest asset. This philosophy is woven into everything we do at Igloo our behaviors, our culture, & especially our digital workplace solutions (which we use every day). And thats why we can offer you a superior employee experience that goes beyond superficial perks & promises, & gives you the true sense of purpose youve been waiting for.
Igloos goal is to help people communicate & collaborate in the workplace. This means creating simple but effective workflows to enable people to create content & a delightful experience for consuming & collaborating on it. We need a design leader who fights for the user, sets a high bar for design in all of our products & is a champion for instilling a design culture in our business.
Why this role is important:
You walk in the shoes of the user, think in experiences & are passionate about creating solutions that are intuitive & motivating. You understand that design & performance are not mutually exclusive, & you know how to blend the two. And you love making interfaces that are easy to use & beautiful at the same time.
You use a spectrum of tools: personas, design sprints, customer journey maps, wireframes, & occasionally, the back of a napkin to help you design effective solutions to customer problems. You love taking rough ideas & iterating on them until they are a refined product that reinforces our brand & vision.
You enjoy working & collaborating with product managers, developers, testers & company leadership to create the best experiences for customers. You will question & gather feedback on designs, prototypes & demos to ensure they live up to a high standard. Above all else you are passionate about product design, the user, & designing delightful experiences.
The impact youll have:
- Product Design:create functional & modern user interface designs & experiences for our end users.
- Design Guide: create & maintain design guidelines to ensure consistency across our applications.
- Simplify:take complex ideas & translate them into clean workflows based on user research.
- Usability Testing:engage with our customers & product team to understand user needs & competitive landscape
- User Stories:aid in the creation of user stories & support our engineering teams during scrum sprints.
- Collaborate:work with a team of UX Designers & cross functional teamsto bring UX/UI concepts to life
- Advocate:championthe importance of UX design withinIgloo
What youll need:
- 5+years experience working in a UX rolefor web-based platforms.
- 3-year diploma or 4-year degree in design, computer science, human-computer interaction, or similar.
- Experience in user research, interaction design & visual design for the web.
- Experience with responsive & native mobile app design (iOS, Android).
- Experience in the creation, evolution & use of design systems.
- Strong creative research, writing, & design skills.
- Strong communication skills, but better listening skills.
- You live in Sketch for early concepts, wireframes & high-fidelity mockups.
- Adept at creating interactive prototypes with InVision, Marvel, Flinto or similar tools.
Tech Stack (brownie points!):
- Native mobile app design (iOS, Android)
What we have to offer:
We offer health benefits, a training budget for every employee, fair-trade coffee & tea, treats every pay day, & an eco-bonus for people who take alternative transportation to work. You choose whether you work on a Mac or PC, & we give our developers stipends to buy whatever hardware makes your work easier.
If youre looking for a role with the right mix of autonomy & team collaboration, an environment that fosters transparency & trust, a company with seasoned leadership & backed by a leading investment firm, a career with lots of opportunity & room for growth, & a chance to personally influence how organizations work, then we invite you to step inside Igloo.
Sound like you? Apply now!
Igloo welcomes & encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Learn more about Igloo Software