As Compass experiences massive growth, we are looking for the best & brightest to drive strategic business decisions. The FP&A Manager will help to build the FP&A function & will drive quarterly forecasting, the annual budgeting process, cross-functional analysis & special projects. The team will provide financial consulting & strategic support to senior management including preparing financial presentations, developing key reporting packages, capital expenditure analysis, identifying & tracking key KPIs, developing & tracking our staffing model & other projects requested by senior management. This role will report to the VP of FP&A.
- Drive Compasss monthly forecasting, annual planning process, financial & operations analysis & quarterly earnings & forecasting process.
- Work with Director & team to establish FP&A as a center of analytical excellence to be shared with functional leaders across the organization.
- Develop & monitor performance indicators, highlighting trends & analyzing causes of unexpected variance, including all areas of revenue, cost of sales, expenses, operating metrics & capital expenditures.
- Manage revenue, expense, & headcount forecasting, planning & analysis.
- Develop & prepare annual budget. Assist in setting annual budget targets, lead the company through the process & prepare the annual financial budget for presentation to executive management.
- Develop long term forecast for company on an annual basis.
- Cultivate deep partnership with Accounting.
- Assist the team in monthly & quarterly reporting including executive summary preparation & external reporting documentation for results.
- Improve operating teams understanding of financial statements & budget adherence with thoughtful & transparent analysis.
- Collaborate with operating teams & provide fact-based recommendations that improve profitability, operating efficiency & effectiveness.
Job Skills & Requirements:
- Minimum 6-8 years of experience, which can be comprised of a mix of relevant experience. Degree in Finance. MBA in Finance preferred.
- Prior FP&A experience required.
- Experience managing a team required.
- Investment banking experience a plus.
- Systems implementation experience & process mapping skills a plus.
- Must possess excellent analytical, financial modeling & presentation skills with the ability to analyze raw data, draw conclusions, & develop actionable recommendations.
- Must be a team player who understands the importance of the role as a key support function to the operating team. Positive, cooperative attitude. Ability to work with multiple teams simultaneously, both internal & external.
- Humble with ability & desire to roll up sleeves & be hands on in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Ability to develop strong relationships with senior management, communicate effectively in meetings & describe deliverables & project milestones.
- Experience producing insightful, actionable analysis for senior management, board members, investors & other stakeholders.
- Proactive individual seeking additional responsibility at all times.
- Demonstrated ability to establish & improve processes & procedures.
- Ability to work under pressure of tight deadlines.
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyones place.