Clover is reinventing health insurance by working to keep people healthier.
The Growth team is responsible for growing Clover's geographic footprint by identifying, evaluating, developing, & gaining access to new territories. We make the first impressions on community stakeholders & serve as the frontline ambassadors of Clover's Missions. We aim to have authentic connections with a wide range of stakeholders, uncovering opportunities to offer a whole new kind of Medicare to prospective members.
As a Sales Manager, you are a self-starter with an entrepreneurial edge & a passion for selling, both in terms of the highest compliance standards as well as the ability to drive overall growth. You'll manage & optimize a network of brokers & internal sales agents & ultimately serve as the leader of our Sales team in a defined geography. You lead the training of all internal & external agents, support marketing activities & drive the performance & output of all agents while also selling directly to consumers on your own. You believe in using technology & data to drive your thinking around sales & other key metrics.
As a Sales Manager, you will:
- Manage on-the-ground external & internal agent & agency relationships & have full ownership of their performance.
- Continuously recruit & promote Clover within the broker community, ensuring we work with the premier brokers in the market to drive optimal & predictable performance. Contribute to contract negotiations with all Broker agencies in your market.
- Assist in the development & implementation of strategies to help reduce member churn.
- Assist in identifying or contracting key providers in the market, when necessary.
- Serve as the main feedback loop for Clover in the market, sculpting the most efficient & financially sound sales channel mix that uniquely fits the market you are leading.
- Surface significant shifts or developments in the market to sales team leadership, getting ahead of market changes that may impact sales targets & performance.
- Sell Clover plans directly to Medicare eligibles to drive growth & to develop a 360-degree view of Clover's presence in the market.
- Become the trusted source of information to local brokers to help them hit their sales goals.
- Deliver best-in-class customer service to our broker community, building loyalty to Clover as the best brand in the market to work with & sell for.
- Utilize Clover's suite of tools to help investigate & solve issues/questions in real-time.
- Leverage technology & data to drive brokers to improve their productivity for Clover.
- Leverage your experience & knowledge of the local market to educate brokers on new sales opportunities & approaches.
- Assist other departments that have direct impact on membership growth, when necessary
- Manage sales cycle development & reporting within a shared CRM.
- Act as Clover brand ambassador to community groups either in educational or sales seminar settings.
You will love this job if:
- You love sales & can't imagine yourself doing anything else. Being results-driven in a high-performing team is your MO.
- You are comfortable in an unstructured environment.
- You are a people person. You enjoy interacting & building relationships with different types of people every single day.
- You are a top notch relationship builder and pride yourself in your ability to sustain relationships over time that drive sales.
- You are passionate & mission-driven about improving the lives of Medicare eligibles in your community.
- You are a proactive communicator. You are clear, honest & timely in both written & verbal application.
- You have an insatiable curiosity & appetite to learn. You are always looking to improve experience, processes, & methods of execution.
- You have an entrepreneurial approach to work, always thinking critically when problem-solving.
- You are highly organized & have excellent time management skills.
You should get in touch if:
- You are a fully licensed sales agent in Pennsylvania.
- You have strong presentation skills.
- You have a high level of relationship management experience.
- You prefer using & believe in the value of technology to track your sales funnel & inform your sales approach over time.
- You are able to travel 50-75% of the time needed throughout your geographic area.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.
About Clover: We are reinventing health insurance by combining the power of data with human empathy to keep our members healthier. We believe the healthcare system is broken, so we've created custom software & analytics to empower our clinical staff to intervene & provide personalized care to the people who need it most.
We always put our members first, & our success as a team is measured by the quality of life of the people we serve. Those who work at Clover are passionate & mission-driven individuals with diverse areas of expertise, working together to solve the most complicated problem in the world: healthcare.
From Clovers inception, Diversity & Inclusion have always been key to our success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer & our employees are people with different strengths, experiences & backgrounds, who share a passion for improving people's lives. Diversity not only includes race & gender identity, but also age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion & many other parts of ones identity. All of our employees points of view are key to our success, & inclusion is everyone's responsibility.