Compass is building the first modern end-to-end real estate platform by integrating agents, buyers, & sellers through technology. Before Compass, no one has achieved the blend of the Natural Intelligence that hundreds of thousands of enterprising real estate agents bring to this market, with the Artificial Intelligence that cloud, mobile, & AI technologies enable.
As one of the fastest growing technology companies of our generation, in an industry larger than any other, we have an opportunity & obligation to build a world-class engineering team & the operating platform that will transform the real estate industry. In 2019 we tripled the size of our Product & Engineering team, & are searching for creative & inspiring colleagues at all levels of the engineering organization to join us as we continue to expand in 2020.
About the Role
As a Senior Engineering Manager for Search Intelligence, you will lead an engineering team that builds & trains models & platforms that improve & personalize search results. You will be building products that have not been built before that solves real-world problems to augment the real estate industry & its complex transactions. You will work closely with our product team to bring our technology vision to life for both agents & consumers.
You will use your strong technical skills to mentor team members & drive engineering excellence. You will take pride in the agility & workmanship of your team. You will build, cultivate & influence a strong sense of customer empathy & customer backward thinking around your sphere of influence. You believe in continuously improving operational processes & procedures.
At Compass You Will:
- Drive search result ranking strategy across the search platform.
- Be a subject matter expert in search & machine learning methodologies.
- Hire, lead & retain a team of engineers to deliver high-quality features.
- Lead the engineering effort to develop & launch new products while maintaining & improving existing products.
- Sustain the #qualityfirst mindset & keep a stringent eye on performance & and other metrics for the products you own.
- Manage your teams business goals, contribute to product strategy, & develop your team.
- Create clear career paths for your individual team members & help them grow with coaching & mentoring. Perform regular performance evaluations.
What We Look For:
- BS in Computer Science, MS preferred
- 7+ years of software engineering experience using Java & Python
- 5+ years of engineering management experience
- Hands on experience with TensorFlow, PyTorch & Spark
- Knowledge of Spark, Kafka & Elasticsearch
- Experience with building & maintaining production systems using a public cloud platform, preferably AWS.
- Experience with learning & information retrieval in search applications.
- Understanding of Lucene is a strong plus.
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyones place.
Check out our Engineering blog!