Have you ever wanted to intern inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
The Finance team oversees the company's financial well-being while supporting operational & business planning in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. We work hard to ensure growth is accurately projected & managed & that our financial results are properly accounted for. We provide financial analysis to determine key operational decisions within a rapidly growing organization. We only hire the best to these teams, & your work will have a huge impact on the future success of this rapidly growing company.
We want an intern who is a passionate, high performing team player who can take new challenges & go the extra mile.
This position requires someone capable of managing multiple priorities in a dynamic, rapidly growing, & fluid organization. You must be highly analytical, organized & skilled at communication & problem solving. The successful candidate will adapt quickly to change & will champion the advancement of processes & controls that will enhance the overall finance function. This position reports to the Manager, FP&A.
What Youll Be Doing:
- Provide overall assistance in the budgeting & forecasting processes
- Produce accurate, timely, & insightful financial & operational analysis
- Supply relevant analysis of key performance metrics
- Assist in the development of new reporting, financial analysis, forecasting, & planning models.
- Adhere to internal control procedures
- Continually develop, expand & improve financial reporting procedures
- Participate in finance projects & initiatives with other members of the finance team & other departments
What Well Expect From You:
- Working towards a Bachelors degree in Finance or Accounting
- Demonstrated analytical skills & ability to balance strategic thinking with detailed analysis
- Ability to communicate complex issues in a simple way & to orchestrate plans to resolve issues & mitigate risks
- High energy level with the ability to take ownership & show initiative in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop important relationships with key stakeholders
- Strong Excel skills & hands on experience with analysis & modeling
- Exposure to budgeting & forecasting preferred
Why Youll Like Being An Intern At DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other & take our no jerks rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development. Youll need to be great to be an intern here, & we promise youll get even better.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please note, our intern program will be held remotely this summer.