Peloton is seeking a Senior UX Research Coordinator to support the innovation, iteration, & optimization of our Bike, Tread, & Digital apps. This role will work directly with the Product Engagement UX Researchers to facilitate research projects (managing scheduling, recruiting participants, coordinating parties, securing spaces, handling day-of logistics, & more). Research projects will inform & evaluate new features & experiences developed by the Engagement teams.
The role sits on the Product Design UX Research team (made up of 4 UX Researchers today) & reports to the VP of Product Design & UX.
- Support UX Researchers at Peloton by coordinating participants, logistics, facilities, & tools for a variety of user research methodologies including qualitative usability studies (remote & in-person, moderated & unmoderated), surveys, focus groups & in-home interviews.
- Act as the point-person for research recruiting: sourcing participants based on Researcher criteria, outreach, incentivization & consent.
- Work with the Product Analytics team to source appropriate research participants (as defined in the UX Researchers plan) from our user database & other third-party sources based on behavioral & demographic data.
- Deliver incentivization packages to participants.
- Work between the UX Research & Member Experience teams to coordinate member outreach to potential study participants.
- Ensure participants are properly prepared for the study, especially if a workout is involved, both in understanding what will be asked of them & signing any documents regarding disclosure, consent, release & waiver.
- Understand & document participant availability based on the testing plan & available time slots; coordinate & confirm participant time slots & handle any scheduling changes.
- Secure spaces (at Peloton offices, at rented spaces, & on-site or in-homes) for testing to take place. Prepare spaces including the delivery & set-up of testing equipment & prototypes, & coordinate travel for researchers/participants to the spaces.
- Assist UX Researchers on testing days, specifically in terms of participant logistics & interaction: including supporting any last minute issues & assisting in getting parties to research spaces on time, & greeting members when they arrive for research sessions.
- Generally, ensure all research participants have a positive experience with Peloton.
- Monitor & aggregate large-scale unmoderated research sources such as beta tests, surveys, usability tests, & video diaries to help streamline analysis by UX Researchers.
- Work with UX Researchers & Design Ops to understand a long-term (3-6 month) roadmap of research tasks to allow for early coordination efforts & to develop a detailed calendar & schedule of testing events.
- Ensure recruiting process is compliant by working with Legal, Compliance, & Security teams.
- Support the User Research team in maintaining a comprehensive database of past research projects (including participants, plans, & findings) to avoid duplication of efforts & to maintain appropriate relationships with users.
- Manage & maintain tools, equipment, & software licenses for the wider research team (and seek out & onboard new options when applicable.)
- Develop the UX Research Coordination role in establishing processes & deliverables & ensuring standards for quality & efficiency.
- Help to onboard future UX Research Coordinators & provide feedback on their early work.
- Enjoy & excel at communicating regularly with a variety of different research participants from various backgrounds.
- Collaborates well with team members, stakeholders, consultants, & vendors.
- Strong attention to detail & adept at organizing information.
- Ability to coordinate multiple simultaneous projects on different timelines.
- Dependable; can count on you to follow through & stay on top of things without direction.
- Passionate about user research, user centered design, customer service, & fostering a positive Member experience.
- Able to quickly adapt to unexpected changes to plan & process.
- Proactive in addressing issues & solving problems that might come up in the logistical planning & execution of a research plan.
- Experience working with User Research software & tools: user databases & analytics platforms, remote user testing platforms, research documentation A/V equipment & editing software.
- 5+ years experience in a UX Research Coordination role in a software technology company.
- 4+ years working with Product Design & Product Management roles.
- 4+ years managing relationships with research vendors.
- 4+ years managing User Research labs/facilities.
- 4+ years experience in a Research Coordination role at a company of another category (e.g. clinical or market research).
- 4+ years in either a Project Management/Coordination role or similar at a software technology company.
- Bachelors Degree.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy & benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience & comfort of home. We use technology & design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, & Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks & challenging the status quo by continuously innovating & improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, & we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses & retail showrooms in the US, UK & Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 & Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.