VICE is the worlds preeminent youth media company & content creation studio. Launched in 1994, VICE now operates in over 30 countries & distributes its programming to hundreds of millions of viewers each month across digital, linear, mobile, film & socials. VICE includes an international network of digital channels; a television & feature film production studio; a magazine; a record label; an in-house creative services agency; a book-publishing division; & an international TV network, VICELAND.
VICE's award-winning programming has been recognized by the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences, Peabody Awards, Sundance Film Festival, PEN Center, Cannes Lions, Frontline Club, Knight Foundation, American Society of Magazine Editors, LA Press Club, & Webby Awards, among others.
JOB TITLE: Graphic Designer, Virtue (6-month contract)
REPORTS TO: Lead Creative, Virtue
OVERVIEW: Were looking for a killer Graphic Designer to add to our Toronto Design crew. You will develop work for highest profile accounts. You are a collaborator. You are a doer. You are a true professional who understands the industry. You have some experience executing 360 campaigns including print design & production. You work as well with Creative Directors, Art Directors, & Writers.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Produce an array of designs & motion graphics for the client across web, social & print
- Work closely & collaborate with the Creative & Design teams
- Communicating with Account Directors on design project needs & requests
- Problem solving & taking design feedback from clients & creative director
- Deck layout & cleanup (PPT & Keynote)
- Must have a Bachelors degree in Graphic Design, Advertising or related field
- 2-4 years of professional experience in design
- Agency experience is a plus
- Expertise in motion graphics (proficient in After Effects)
- Experience producing in news, current affairs & culture on a daily basis
- Must be able to write well, make killer layouts, have a good knowledge of print design & production, as well as design for web.
- Resourcefulness, diligence, attention to detail, & creative problem solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities & assignments simultaneously under strict deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills & ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Strong proficiency & experience in the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, & InDesign)
- Proficiency & experience in Keynote & Powerpoint
- Working knowledge of typography, layout & colour
- Familiarity with MAC computers preferred.
***This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended as an employment contract, nor is it intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of Vice Media are expected to perform tasks assigned by supervisory personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties***
If you do not hear back from us within one month of applying then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Thank you once again for applying & we wish you success in your future career.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement:
VICE provides equal employment opportunities to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, creed, colour, religion, gender, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic predisposition or carrier status, military status, veteran status, & any other classification protected by law. For questions or concerns please contact email@example.com.
Vice strives to provide equal access to our premises & to communicate with individuals in a manner that is accessible to all of our customers, & respects the dignity & independence of people with disabilities. For questions or concerns please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.