SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal ofenabling human life on Mars.
PROPULSION TECHNICIAN CLEANLINE (PRECISION TUBE SHOP) TEMPORARY
- General purpose cleaning will also be required on metals (ferrous & nonferrous) for the removal of all contamination such as oxides, grease, oil, scale & corrosion.
- Other cleaning methods such as abrasive cleaning & blasting with air, mechanical & liquids on metal & nonmetal components will be required.
- Under minimal supervision, performs all cleaning duties to all SpaceX specs.
- Instructing trainees, directing & laying out work orders for technicians & other personnel as necessary.
- Keeping log & recording data as necessary.
- Performing work & maintaining work area in a neat, orderly, & safe manner.
This is a temporary position with SpaceX, for the length of time as stated, & is subject to change with minimal notice as business needs dictate.
- LENGTH OF POSITION: 3 months
- LOCATION: Hawthorne, CA
- SHIFT: 2ND shift
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Must have at least 1 year of experience using basic mechanical and/or electronics hand tools in a high production environment.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A&P license preferred.
- Experience with precision cleaning in an aerospace environment.
- Must be able to work all shifts & available for overtime & weekends as needed.
- Repetitive assembly operations, grasping, standing, lifting, bending, pulling, pushing, stooping, stretching, & carrying are generally required to perform the functions of this position.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods 8 hours min.
- Must be able to lift up to 25lbs. unassisted
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence & qualifications & will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceXs Affirmative Action Plan for veterans & individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.