Bonobos is looking for a Full Stack Software Engineer who is excited to work on a cross functional team to help build experiences that surprise & delight our customers.
Bonobos is (proudly) the first born-on-the-Internet men's apparel company in the US & we're (humbly) seeking to reinvent the traditional eCommerce experience. In addition to our website, we pioneered the eCommerce showroom model with the launch of our first Guideshop location in 2011, & have since expanded to 50+ locations across the country (and growing). Our customers are fanatical about our high quality clothes & our world-class customer service, & were positioned to make groundbreaking advances in how customers shop.
We get to the best technical solutions by discussing complex questions as a team. We dont hesitate to change our approach when we hear a better idea. We code review all our changes, pair program when needed & have automated testing that runs with every change. We deploy to production several times a day.
What youll do...
- Work on a cross-functional team of other engineers (frontend, backend, iOS, & full stack), a Product Manager & a Designer
- Work on our production application a Rails & Postgres app running on Heroku with React/Redux on the frontend
- Ship new experiences to our customers via A/B tests
- Deploy to code to production multiple times a day
- Help us figure out engineering solutions that give 80% of the benefit with 20% of the work
- Write automated functional & unit tests
- Have at least 2+ years of full stack experience (outside of the classroom)
- Have seen what works well & what doesnt work well in frontend codebases
- Like being part of a small team composed of UX designers, product managers, frontend/backend/iOS/full stack engineers
- Are excited to learn from those around you & be mentored
- Are a collaborative & close-knit team: our team is NYC-based & in the office because as great as technology is, there are few substitutes for in-person collaboration
- Take pride in our work & shares responsibility to see it through from conception to deployment to fixing bugs
- Can offer you top of the line equipment: your choice of hardware, standing desks, two 27" monitors, & more
- Offer a competitive compensation & benefits package, random acts of team-wide fun including bar nights, book club & "Camp Bonobos"
- Value honesty, transparency & respect
- Are excited to hear from you