Who we are:
Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in todays most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, & The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, & more, both online & at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 alumni & counting.
In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent & spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloittes Technology Fast 500, & Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
As a Scrum Master, you will manage day-to-day operations of two or more teams, which includes leading Agile meetings (Backlog, Planning, Review, Retrospectives, & Stands) & be an advocate for autonomous, self-organizing, empowered, & continuously improving teams.
- Embrace a servant leader role across scrum teams & support them by proactively identifying & removing impediments & dependencies
- Facilitate decision-making, issue resolution & consensus among the team members & dependent teams
- Balance personal ownership & accountability of immediate responsibilities with the flexibility & drive to jump in & fill gaps across the team as they arise
- Create a motivational, transparent, collaborative, fun, & trustful environment where teams can work efficiently & deliver high-quality products quickly
- Encourage & enable others
- A natural leader who easily commands the respect of the team & builds trusted relationships at all levels
- Serve as an Agile coach & teach teams agile methodologies
- Actively identify & remove waste & distractions
- Embrace an entrepreneurial spirit in identifying new methods of continuous improvement
- Model a philosophy of curiosity- & trust-based conflict resolution
- Actively reflect on your own behavior & continuously attempt to improve your most important asset - people, & their way of working