Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands & grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, & analytics tools.
A Sr. UX Researcher is proficient across a wide range of User Experience Research methods & applies them to complex, & high-impact projects that may touch multiple product areas. They operate with a very high degree of autonomy & are comfortable working solo or leading research studies with other researchers. Sr. Researchers are highly-skilled communicators & storytellers, able to synthesize findings from a broad range of sources & turn them into insightful, compelling & persuasive stories.
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional groups across the organization to provide research that supports the goals of the product & needs of the Mailchimp small business customer; aligns their research activities to inform decision-making & action
- Represent the voice of the Mailchimp customer among cross-functional partners & stakeholders by highlighting the small business user, their needs, & behaviors
- Advocate for & lead foundational & evaluative research that informs product & experience strategy
- Synthesize large behavioral & attitudinal data sets to create a complete picture of the Mailchimp customer, their behaviors, & needs, turning them into compelling recommendations & insights that clearly tie to larger strategic product & business goals
- Adeptly pull from a wide range of UX Research methods, applying mixed methods to complex problems (including, but not limited to in-depth interviews, contextual interviews, surveys, card sorts, tree tests, statistical analysis, moderated & unmoderated usability studies, heuristic evaluations, concept testing, & competitive analysis)
- Socialize insights from their work broadly, exploring new & creative ways to effectively communicate learnings
- Plan & facilitate workshops & UX training sessions with cross-functional partners (e.g. Design, Product Management, Engineering, & others)
- Provide input & support to Associates & UX Researchers, as appropriate
- Extensive experience leading research activities, employing a variety of UX research methodologies
- Expertise in survey design, discussion guide writing, interview moderating, & data analysis (qualitative & quantitative)
- Excellent presentation & storytelling skills & the ability to tailor the message to various audiences (product teams, product managers, fellow researchers, leadership, etc.)
- Excellent written & interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent cross-team collaboration skills
- Solid problem-solving skills
- Ability to translate research findings into actions & recommendations, while considering company & product goals
- Experience in an Agile software environment preferred
- Ability to balance multiple concurrent research projects
- Ability to think at a systems level & connect the dots between individual work streams
- Experience with mentoring others in User Experience Research practice
Mailchimp is a founder-owned & highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, & our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees & their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, & ambitious people, & give them endless opportunities to grow & succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, & we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.