Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring a Direct Contractor to join our North East P&L team.
Oscar is the first health insurance company built around a full stack technology platform & a relentless focus on serving our members. We started Oscar in 2012 to create the kind of health insurance company we would want for ourselvesone that behaves like a doctor in the family.
About the role:
This role works as part of the Direct Contracting team & is responsible for building & refining the networks of independent providers that ensure Oscar members have adequate & affordable access to the healthcare services they need. Responsible for being an Oscar ambassador in prospective markets, effectively selling Oscars vision & value to new provider partners to close deals at competitive rates & ensure a great network experience for our members.
This is a remote role, you will work remotely in one of the following states: Arizona
- Build a strong understanding of Oscars contracting workflows & the key terms & rate structures of our provider agreements.
- Own a portfolio of target specialties in specific geographies & source provider leads for your queue using a combination of internal tools & independent research.
- Conduct consistent outreach to your leads via phone & email, identifying key decision-makers, introducing them to Oscar, & explaining the value of partnering with us.
- Once converted, guide providers through the key terms & requirements of our contracting process, answering questions & following up to close contracts efficiently.
- Track all of your interactions clearly & consistently through JIRA & ensure that all contracts you execute are complete & adhere to Oscars standards.
- Work toward ambitious outreach, conversion, & SLA targets & proactively escalate questions or concerns to your Team Lead.
- Document & share provider feedback, objections, & questions to support the continuous improvement of Oscars contracting templates & processes.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Health Care Administration or at least 1 years equivalent work experience in a related field
- Minimum 1 years' experience negotiating contracts, specifically with ancillaries, facilities, specialty providers, & physician groups
- Understanding of physician, hospital, & other provider contracts & reimbursement mechanisms
- Possess strong Excel & MS Office skills
- Ability to work with internal stakeholder departments to create a seamless & positive experience for the provider
- Ability to maintain confidentiality & project a professional business presence
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
COVID-19 vaccine requirements for in-person work:
To protect the health & safety of our employees, we require any employee conducting in-person work* to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date.
If you are unable to be vaccinated due to medical or protected religious reasons, please reach out to our Benefits team at email@example.com to submit an accommodations request.
*Note: In-person work includes: employees required to work from our offices (either full-time or part-time), employees conducting sales work in the field & employees conducting at-home or in-person visits with members.