Director, Business Development
Join us as we ignite the change that changes everything.
About the Position
The Intelligent Retail Lab is part of Walmarts Store No 8, an innovation hub formed by the worlds largest retailer focused on identifying & investing in trends & technologies reshaping the shopping experience. As a people-led, tech-empowered business, we believe that technology has immense potential to enhance the associate & customer experience in our stores. Thats why we created the first-of-its-kind IRL inside an existing & fully-operating grocery store in Levittown, NY. This working Artificial Intelligence lab, inside a 50K sq. ft store with 30K items & more than 100 associates, will allow us to test a broad range of applications such as improving inventory & on-shelf availability, enhancing both the associate & customer experience in our stores.
In This Role, You Will
- Identify & initiate dialogue with prospects that meet the criteria for IRLs product portfolio
- Responsible for developing a plan to meet or exceed a sales quota
- Lead client-facing presentations & product demos
- Manage the sales process from initial meeting, to Proof-of-Concept, to contract.
- Senior contact & point of communication with client stakeholders during the sales process
- Lead cross-functional team strategy through Proof-of-Concept to contract
- Identifies potential issues & devises contingencies
- Develop, negotiate, & close multi-year SaaS & service contracts
- Manage successful relationship within the organization
- Bachelors degree or higher
- 10+ years sales experience in SaaS, software, analytics & associated services
- 10+ years sales experience selling to Retail & CPG
- 5+ years sales experience in new business development
- Consistent history of meeting or exceeding sales targets
- Experience selling innovative technologies that are in the infancy of market adoption
- Track record of selling to, & managing relationships with Fortune 1000 companies
- Extensive professional network & contacts within Retail & CPG
- Ability to travel up to 50% both domestic & international
- Technology savvy with high level proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel, & Salesforce
Why you would love it here
At IRL we function like a startup & have the benefits of the largest retailer in the world, Walmart. Our benefit package includes a monthly gym stipend, a generous parental leave program, leading healthcare options, 401k matching, & more! We offer unlimited vacation & a great culture filled with quarterly outings, happy hours, work out classes, celebrations, & clubs. Most importantly, we empower our industry-leading tech team to solve far future problems & focus on building magical shopping experience for the consumers. Join us!