Sumo Logic is the pioneer in continuous intelligence, a new category of software, which enables organizations of all sizes to address the data challenges & opportunities presented by digital transformation, modern applications, & cloud computing. We are looking for an extraordinary leader to join the Deal Strategy & Monetization team as we reinforce our leadership in the SaaS machine data analytics space. The Deal Strategy & Monetization (DSM) team sits within the larger Global Sales Strategy & Operations organization & works collaboratively across sales, customer success, legal & finance teams to drive deals to closure.
The Director of the DSM team will report directly to the VP of Commercial Operations & will be responsible for providing critical guidance & support both to our Sales organization & to the global DSM team. You will play an essential role in ensuring rigor around deal structuring & pricing, contracts negotiations, & internal deal process & policies. You also will own critical aspects of deal strategy, pricing, quote creation & contract review for Sumo Logics largest & most complex opportunities. This highly visible role will be required to work very closely with senior executives including the President of Worldwide Field Operations, Chief Accounting Officer, VPs of Sales & VP of Commercial Ops, among others.
General Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead & manage a team of DSM managers & analysts
- Function as the subject matter expert & trusted advisor to the Sales organization & other functions regarding all matters related to deal strategy, pricing & structure for complex deals
- Oversee pricing & commercial terms approvals in driving efficient closure of deals while also focusing on revenue & profitability
- Collaborate closely with Finance, Legal, Sales, Product & Operations to evolve policies & best practices
- Ensure that DSM team knows of & comprehends any changes to internal policies, operational guidelines & procedures
- Support initiatives to increase sales & quote-to-cash efficiency & effectiveness
- 10+ years of experience with pricing, contracts, deal desk and/or sales operations role
- Bachelors degree; advanced degree (MBA or equivalent) is a plus
- Strong knowledge of SaaS subscription models & revenue recognition principles
- Previous management of a high-performing team
- Strong emotional intelligence with an innate ability to develop relationships & work cross-functionally with all levels of the organization to drive results
- Team player-coach who is able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent analytical & problem-solving skills
- Highly effective verbal & written communication skills
- Salesforce CPQ
- Excel / Google Sheets
- Microsoft Office
Sumo Logic (NASDAQ: SUMO) empowers the people who power modern, digital business. Through its SaaS analytics platform, Sumo Logic enables customers to deliver reliable & secure cloud-native applications. The Sumo Logic Continuous Intelligence Platform helps practitioners & developers ensure application reliability, secure & protect against modern security threats, & gain insights into their cloud infrastructures. Customers around the world rely on Sumo Logic to get powerful real-time analytics & insights across observability & security solutions for their cloud-native applications. For more information, visit www.sumologic.com.