Joining the Publishing Copyright department in our London office, the primary role of the Copyright Assistant will be to assist the team in managing our catalogue in the Nordics by ensuring works & agreements are registered correctly at the local collection society STIM/NCB. The successful candidate will need to have excellent communication skills when dealing with general enquiries from internal & external sources & can deal with pressure but remain optimistic & persistent to complete tasks accurately & efficiently.
Founded in 2000 by Willard Ahdritz, Kobalt is creating the music company of the future. Kobalt is a global music & technology company built for artists, songwriters, publishers & labels as an alternative to the traditional music business model. Kobalt have built the technology infrastructure to enable better reporting & for artists to maintain ownership & control over how their work is distributed, tracked, collected, & monetized. This global technology platform is able to track & collect royalties for the billions of micro-payments per song in digital music today.
This is an established yet fast growing creator-centric company of artists & songwriters including The Chainsmokers, Kelly Clarkson, Miles Davis, Dave Grohl, Lauv, Zayn Malik, Max Martin, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Paul McCartney, Stevie Nicks, Pitbull, Elvis Presley, Skrillex, Sam Smith, & many more. Kobalt represents on average over 40% of the top 100 songs & albums in both the US & UK.
Were currently over 600 people based across 13 offices & were still growing.
WHAT DOES A COPYRIGHT ASSISTANT, NORDICS AT KOBALT DO?
- Ensuring works & agreements are registered correctly at the collection society in the Nordics
- Dealing with general enquiries regarding our claims to works & the terms of our publishing agreements
- Handling song disputes & duplicate claims
- Processing new works & agreements as the company acquires rights to new catalogues
- Processing royalty statements received from collection societies
- Analysing the royalties received to identify possible underpayment or delayed payment, & working with the societies to resolve these issues
- You may be asked to take on extra responsibilities please be aware that the above list is not exhaustive
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- High level of written & spoken English is essential
- High level of written & spoken Swedish is preferred
- Excellent communication skills: the duties require a very high level of communication internally & externally; we are looking for someone who can adapt communication to audience
- Track record of excellent organization & prioritisation skills
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy & a detail-driven mind-set
- High level of numeracy
- Basic Excel skills are preferred but not essential
- Previous admin & copyright experience in a similar role as well as a good understanding of music publishing is advantageous
2018 Financial Times Boldness in Business Drivers of Change Nominee
2018 Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies in Music
2017 Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies in Music
2017 Music Week Publisher of the Year
Music Week - The Music Industrys Best Friend
Music Business Worldwide We are Building for the Future of the Music Business
Wired - How data saved music
Economist - Disrupters
Check out our blog:
- Based at River Building, Cannon Street, London EC4R 3TE
- Hours are 37.5 hours per week. Generally, these are taken between 9.30-6 with 1 hour for lunch but amendments to these hours can be agreed on a case by case basis with line manager approval
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom. Verification checks will be conducted during the interview process & a full DBS check on acceptance of offer. Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage & civil partnership, pregnancy & maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
KOBALT MUSIC GROUP BENEFITS FROM DAY ONE
ANNUAL LEAVE | Contractually 25 days, however Kobalt closes its offices for the 3 days between Christmas & New Years when staff contribute 1 day.
LIFE ASSURANCE | Equal to four (4) times base salary.
TRAVEL INSURANCE | Business travel insurance cover.
INCOME PROTECTION | Covers up to 75% of base salary up to the age of 65.
GYM MEMBERSHIP | Corporate rates available at Nuffield Health & Fitness First. Kobalt will subsidise 45.00 gross per month towards your corporate gym membership if your membership is processed through company payroll.
LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT | As part of your ongoing learning & development you will have access to a range of tools & courses appropriate to your role & career goals. These include, but are not limited to; Udemy for Business & Bookboon E-library.
EYECARE | Full eye test provided at a range of opticians through a voucher scheme.
WELLBEING | Wellbeing Hub & Employee Assistance Programme.
FRESH FRUITAND CEREAL SUPPLIED
REGULAR STAFF SOCIALS | Including seasonal social events & parties.
POST PROBATIONARY PERIOD BENEFITS
PENSION | Kobalt match pension contributions when individuals contribute from 2.5% - 5% (giving a total contribution of 5% - 10%).
PRIVATE MEDICAL INSURANCE | Managed through AVIVA.
TRAVEL INSURANCE | Both individual or family cover for personal holiday travel insurance.
INTEREST FREE SEASON TICKET LOAN SCHEME (eligible after 1 month of service) | Loans deducted from net payover a 12-month period.
CYCLE TO WORK SCHEME | In partnership with Evans Cycles.