BARK is a company building products, experiences, & entertainment for dogs & the people who love them. The lasting brand that Disney has built for kids & families, BARK is building for the fast-growing market of dog people.
We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly themed subscription of all-natural treats & clever toys. Since then, we've become the fastest growing pet company & have shipped more than 70 million toys & treats to the dogs across the world. We have also expanded to new areas including preventative health, & food. Our ambition-level is high, the opportunity is huge, & our love for dogs is through the roof!
WHO WE'RE SNIFFIN' FOR
We are looking for a dog loving Machine Learning Engineer to help BARK drive improvements in performance by effectively applying statistics, math, & machine learning to BARKs unique business, product, & technology challenges.
Here are the main projects we envision you working on:
- Leveraging BARKs rich text data to find new insights & train NLP/NLU models
- Contribute high quality code to BARKs production machine learning frameworks
- Designing experiments & applying appropriate statistical inference methods to interpret historical data & drive decision-making
- Simulation & modeling of churn, revenue, & engagement
In addition, youll work with Data Engineers, Data Analysts, Product Managers, & fellow Data Scientists on a close-knit team. Youll be trusted to provide expertise, organize & summarize insights & results for business partners, & collaborate throughout the organization as needed.
- Advanced degree (Master of Science or Engineering, or Ph.D.) in Machine Learning, Computer Science, Statistics, Math, or Engineering *OR* 6+ years experience as a full-time Data Scientist / ML Engineer
- 2+ years of experience applying machine learning in a full-time role
- 4+ years of experience writing code, 2+ years in Python
- Experience building NLP/NLU models
- Experience with text data analysis
- Experience actively contributing to a production codebase
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Passion for learning & proven ability to deliver high-value data science projects
- Strong data manipulation skills with multiple data sources & high dimensionality
- Comfortable with version control, relational databases, big data tools, AWS, & visualization libraries
These are not prerequisites, but here are some things that would stand out to us:
- Strong competency in SQL (we use Redshift & Postgres)
- Skilled in presenting & visualizing results for a business audience
- Knowledge of computer vision algorithms
- Knowledge of recommender systems
- Data science experience with consumer goods data and/or subscription services
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience working in a startup environment