We are looking for a highly motivated Staff Accountant who can bring his or her A-game to a high growth startup team! He or she will be involved in all day-to-day operational activities including Accounts Payable, supporting Month-End Close, while tackling ad hoc projects.The ideal candidate reliably demonstrates superior attention to detail with excellent organization skills & superb problem solving & analytical skills, combined with good business judgment & common sense. If youre eager to learn & develop your accounting skills within the SaaS/Technology space, this role is for you!
- Maintain a financial reporting system (NetSuite) & all relevant accounting schedules.
- Responsible for month-end close, accruals
- Responsible for overseeing/processing accounts payable & payment processing, ensuing proper approvals & documentation.
- Preparing journal entries to record prepaid expenses
- Review & ensure proper approval of employee expense reimbursements
- Prepare correspondence as needed within the department.
- Respond to vendor inquiries.
- Manage employee credit card applications & charges.
- Assist in cash collection efforts; responding to customer inquiries.
- Perform bank, credit card, & other account reconciliations.
- Perform ad hoc accounting, financial, & administrative projects quite often on short notice - in a fast-paced & ever-changing environment!
- 1-3 years' experience of accounting experience in a small- or medium-sized company
- Strong proficiency with Excel (pivot tables, v-lookups, etc.)
- Understanding of accounting principles.
- Experience with NetSuite & Concur a major plus!
- Highly skilled in dealing with financial & numeric data.
- Detail-oriented with meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced startup environment
- Ability to work independently & collaborate with a team
- Intrinsically motivated & professional, willing to go the extra mile to get the job done.
This role is based at our headquarters in Flatiron.
Preferred Location: New York
Founded in 2013, mParticle is the leading customer data platform that unlocks the full power of data for businesses. The company empowers brands to accelerate their growth strategy to keep pace with their customers by providing the most advanced data platform for web & apps across all devices in the marketplace. A trusted partner among renowned brands such as NBC Universal, Spotify & Airbnb among many others, the mParticle platform has grown to manage over 1 billion mobile users each month, capturing over $5 billion in e-commerce transactions & processes over 250 billion API calls. Recognized as one of Crains 100 Best Places to Work three years in a row & named to Gartners Cool Vendors in Mobile App Development list, mParticle has 100+ employees & is headquartered in New York City with offices in San Francisco, Seattle, Florida, & London.