Business Insider is looking for a talented freelance writer to pitch, research, & write comprehensive articles, guides, & explainers about products & services in personal finance. You'll be part of the growing Insider Picks commerce team.
Insider Picks prides itself on finding its readers the best products & services from around the web every day. Our readers are savvy professionals, & we want them to understand the best ways to spend their money, & that includes how they bank, how & where they invest, what credit cards they use, & the rewards they earn.
Business Insider generates revenue when readers buy products through our site. You'll be coming on board to help us build out the Insider Picks program, & along the way, be a part of a new field of service journalism. Insider Picks debuted in late 2014 to great success, selling hundreds of thousands of products across many categories.
Your job will be to find the very best products & services within personal finance (including investments, mortgages, small business, banking, insurance, & more) & put them into well-researched articles. The content must be based on extensive research, expert reviews, & user reviews. Ideally, you'll also have tested & reviewed these products yourself, although due to the nature of personal finance this is not required.
You must be confident & careful when reviewing products & be able to describe the pros & cons of any item with conviction, while keeping Business Insider's voice, style, & audience in mind.
- Pitch, write, & produce comprehensive product reviews, articles, explainers, & buying guides.
- Research personal finance products & services - other than credit cards - that have affiliate marketing programs, & are worth covering.
- Work with PR & marketing reps for products you choose to cover.
- Work with the Insider Picks/Business Development team to implement affiliate partnerships.
- Ability to write impeccable, conversational copy that's smart, engaging, timely, & accurate;
- Understanding of the affiliate marketing space, specifically as it pertains to your subject matter;
- Creative, outside-the-box thinker
- A knack for finding new & interesting products
How to apply:
To apply for the freelance buying guide writer position at Business Insider, please submit the following information:
- Your resume
- A cover letter
- Links to five published pieces
- A list of five pitches
This is a freelance position that pays on a per post basis. Pay is negotiable based on experience.