The BuzzFeed Design team needs a hard-working Junior Graphic Designer for a full-time paid position in our NY office, to start as soon as possible. We are looking for someone with a passion for design & the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Help create graphics for a wide variety of subjects & clients
- Observe current design trends on social media & across the web
- Work with the content team to come up with creative solutions to illustrate posts, videos & distributed assets
- Assist the editorial & branded design teams with the creation of headers, infographics, illustrations, animations, typography treatments & more
- Optimize & prepare files for web
- Animation experience a major plus
- Degree or course of study in graphic design
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator & After Effects
- Adobe Premiere experience a plus
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Good communication skills & a talent for collaboration
- An interest in current events, pop culture, & social media
- Must include a link to a portfolio site of your recent work, no PDFs or dropbox links please
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options
- A generous & well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more
- Plenty of snacks (healthy & indulgent), catered lunches, beverages, etc..
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.