About the Team
You would be working within the global distribution & logistics team & reporting to the manager of global logistics. The global distribution & logistics team oversees the final stages of the supply chain to move products from our suppliers to our customers as efficiently & effectively as possible. Our customers span across direct-to-consumer, retail, grocery & drug business. You will build cross functional relationships to understand growing business needs as it relates to logistics, which will include logistics systems, import/export freight, domestic freight forwarding, customs compliance & parcel shipping. Youll manage logistics performance & spend & communicate regular business reporting to partnered internal teams (R&D, commercial team, finance, sourcing, S&OP, accounting, customer service, etc). Youll also have the opportunity to participate in short & long term projects that drive value back into the business & the customer.
About the Role
You would bring your transportation expertise to help develop our transportation/logistics capability. You will help craft dynamic logistics solutions to support all facets of the Harrys business. Youll be able to identify & size opportunities & risks. Youll serve as the subject matter expert about questions on transportation for your respective area(s). Last, but not least, you will help troubleshoot transportation situations that require escalation internally & externally. The role will exercise all areas of your skillset; operational, analytics & reporting, soft skills, project management, risk assessment, etc!
What you will accomplish:
- Build, implement & scale logistics solutions & systems to support commercial plans
- Manage logistics vendor performance & spend strategically & effectively (i.e. Pricing negotiations, scorecarding, KPIs, SLAs, etc)
- Manage on-boarding/off-boarding carriers within an evolving supplier network (Contract negotiations, RFPs, vendor management, etc)
- Comprehend, analyze, forecast & manage your respective logistics budget & performance
- Develops effective & meaningful internal logistics business reporting & KPIs
- Assess ongoing business needs across all transport modes for your respective area
- Participate in cross-functional projects, prioritize tasks, schedule & track project assignments, & provide the appropriate guidance to cross-functional team members as it relates to optimizing our supply chain network
- Plan, organize, execute & measure logistics projects while ensuring target dates are aligned & met.
- Serve as the subject matter expert for respective area & help troubleshoot logistics issues
This should describe you:
- You have 2-3 years of experience with customer facing logistics (Strategic LTL/TL relationships, DTC parcel strategy, cross border shipping,etc)
- You have experience with managing logistics KPIs & SLAs & vendor management
- Youre comfortable with developing meaningful business reporting
- You have strong business acumen & understand how logistics impacts the financial aspects of the business
- You can identify process improvement opportunities & make tangible recommendations
- You are excited about logistics & continue to build your logistics knowledge
- You can foster relationships in a growing team
- You are a learner - always seeking to improve yourself, your team, & the world around you
- You thrive on direct, honest, & supportive communication
- You have a sense of humor -- we take our work seriously & ourselves un-seriously
- You are skilled with Microsoft office (Excel, Visio, Powerpoint, Doc)
- You have past experience with distribution & logistics systems (i.e. Transportation Management System(TMS), Carrier Management System (CMS). Order Management System (OMS), Enterprise Resource Planning System (ERP), Warehouse Management System (WMS))
Here's who you'll work with:
- Reporting to Global Logistics Manager
- Working in Global Distribution & Logistics
- Work cross-functionally with
- Supply Chain (Demand & Supply Planning, Sourcing, Quality, Manufacturing, revenue protection)
- Finance & Accounting
- Commercial (DTC, Mass Retail, Drug, Grocery & Specialty)
- R&D & Marketing
- IT Systems
- Engineering (Services, Data)
Harrys started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harrys expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target & Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, & launched a womens brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, & logistics specialists, Harrys team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, & humble people youll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion & innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, & backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values & our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement & learning, teamwork & collaboration, creative problem solving, & open & direct dialogue & feedback. Come for the coffee & free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harrys is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together.
Harrys is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment & advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire & promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth & related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture & protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state & local laws. Harrys commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline & access to benefits & training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.