Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Application Support Team. Responsibilities will includemanaging & maintaining mission critical 24*7 applications. You'll be working in a face-paced environment & will be a liaison between the Product Office & Product Development. You will also be working closely with infrastructure, security & other teams as required.
- Level 2 Application Support for applications & services at Visa
- Change, Incident & Problem management according to Visa guidelines
- Participate in change planning, deployment & review
- Monitor incident queues, troubleshoot issues & lead conference calls with other groups to mitigate impacts
- Determine root cause of issues & document it in the appropriate system
- Project management for Information Technology initiatives Participate in on call rotation as assigned by manager
- Facilitate & attend meetings for Business & Information Technology initiatives
- Write & maintain programs & scripts to achieve Information Technology objectives
- Provide 24/7 support as needed & work with offshore teams to facilitate around the clock support for applications & services
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in CS, Engineering or related field such as programming or software engineering
- At least 4 or more years' experience with ETL Processing, Batch jobs & intermediate level of knowledge in Hadoop Ecosystem (Sqoop, Hive, HDFS File System/Partitioning, MapReducer, Spark & Impala, Oozie Workflow, Scala) & Data warehouse projects
- Intermediate level of experience for Kakfa, Zoop keeper architecture & integration
- At least 3 years' experience in Production support working in a globally distributed team.
- Working experience on Java, J2EE & Perl Script technologies & WebSphere Application Server, MQ & Web Services
- Intermediate level of knowledge on UNIX/Linux/AIX/Windows OS.
- At least 3 years' experience working with Db2 UDB, Oracle DB's, MYSQL, HBASE & Mongo DB is preferred, DML/DDL SQLs & Store PROCs
- Exceptional in handling scripting language (Shell script, Perl, Python, bash) & expertise in automation.
- Experience with BMC Remedy & ticketing workflows is preferred
- Prior working experience with Card & transaction domains will be advantageous.
- Should have a technical & business mindset
- ISO 9000 & ITIL experience will be advantageous
This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, & reach with hands & arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.