Assistant Controller International
Who we are
DV is the leader in digital performance solutions, improving the impression quality & audience impact of digital advertising. Built on best practices, DV solutions create value for media buyers & sellers by bringing transparency & accountability to the market, ensuring ad viewability, brand safety, fraud protection, accurate impression delivery & audience quality across campaigns to drive performance.
Since 2008, DV has helped hundreds of Fortune 500 companies gain the most value out of their media spend by delivering best in class solutions across the digital ecosystem that help build a better industry. Learn more at DoubleVerify .
What youll do
Reporting to the VP Controller, the Assistant Controller, International will be responsible for a team of senior accountants supporting all aspects of accounting & finance for a number of international legal entities. You will manage & develop the team, resolve most day-to-day matters within the team, while escalating critical matters with the appropriate sense of urgency. You are accountable for the results of your/your teams efforts & you are able to manage multiple priorities, assessing risks, allocating your resources & driving tasks/projects to completion.
You will be adept at working in a high-growth, fast-paced environment. You will effectively work cross-functionally with other teams (e.g., commercial, operations, legal, billing, A/P, main US entity & FP&A) to provide real-time thought leadership & playing a key part ensuring daily operations are seamless.
- Ensure timely recording of activity throughout the month (e.g., payroll, cash activity, accounting for new agreements/leases, approve invoices/new vendors as needed, support local entities finance needs).
- Oversee the monthly close process, analysis of results & related deliverables for non-US subsidiaries
- Ensure adherence to proper internal control policies & procedures.
- Develop/manage processes to fully document & support all account balances through the account reconciliation process.
- Interact with internal & external auditors.
- Ensure compliance with all local reporting requirements (statutory audits, regulatory reporting, indirect tax filings) this may involve working with one or more external providers.
- Participate in M&A & onboarding process for non-US acquisitions
Who you are
- 5-7+ years of experience, preferably with a combination of large public accounting firm & a publicly-traded company
- CPA (or international equivalent) required
- Proficiency in application of US GAAP.
- Experience working with international companies required
- NetSuite experience highly preferred.
- Advertising technology or SaaS industry experience a plus
- Demonstrated ability to implement new processes.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Capable of navigating through complex and/or ambiguous situations.
- Ability to successfully manage relationships across multiple functions & execute against collective goals
- Demonstrated ability to think in an agile, creative & strategic manner to evolve or solve challenges & issues & to oversee prioritization of competing responsibilities
- Highly developed listening skills & a strong ability to engage & effectively communicate at the senior management level, both orally & in writing
- Strong interpersonal skills, with evidence of working in collaboration across large organizations, including a proactive & 'no surprises' approach in communicating and/or escalating issues/requests
- Self-motivated, independent thinker & team player who will hit the ground running
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative, & proactive; a leader who can positively & productively impact finance & corporate initiatives.