Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
Casper is seeking a Director of Content Strategy & Social Media. This person will develop a strategic communications framework for how to engage current customers, & recruit new ones to our growing & beloved brand across our digital properties (paid/owned/earned). Reporting directly to the VP of Marketing, the Director of Content Strategy & Social Media will be responsible for digital audience development, editorial & content strategy & production, social media marketing, community management & select creative/production initiatives.
Casper (casper.com) is a global sleep company that launched in 2014 with an obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress sold directly to consumers. Its critically acclaimed sleep surface was developed in-house, has a sleek design, & is delivered in a small, "how did they do that?"-sized box. The company is one of the fastest-growing consumer brands of all time, & its product line has expanded to include sheets, pillows, a matching foundation, & a dog mattress. Casper was named one of Fast Company's 50 Most Innovative Companies in 2017, & its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse & inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When youre not catching zzzs, this is what youll do
- Maintain Caspers Leadership position as the category champion of social engagement, driving brand awareness & creating loyalty through unexpected & surprising conversations
- Thoughtfully integrate social media into larger business objectives, & evolve our content strategy based on new commercial opportunities
- Leverage social listening tools to provide consumer insights & cultural trends to the business to help inform innovation, creative development, media targeting & memorable experiences
- From in store, to Retail, Media Partnerships & Social, drive the creation of an omni-channel content strategy that educates/delights our customers at every touchpoint
- Lead a team focused on social engagement, & develop quarterly content platforms that attract new audiences into our social community.
- Establish Influencer Strategy - Identify, recruit & help manage influencers & third party content creators to share experiences of Casper brand & products
- Develop thought leadership content that helps solidify the brands new mission in engaging, innovative ways
- Produce episodic content for digital, programming that will attract & grow new audiences.
- Create organic content for amplification through Caspers Own & Third Party channels to drive qualified traffic to Casper.com
Our dream candidate has...
- 10+ years of relevant experience in content strategy and/or digital/social planning, with a proven ability to use content to drive business performance & brand equity
- Domain expertise in all things social - - with a deep understanding of major platforms & their respective strengths & demographics
- Ability to navigate both the creative & analytical sides of social, tying strategies to concrete business outcomes/learnings
- Expertise working with third parties & external partners to create social-first content & programming
- Experience working in an omni-channel environment, where engaging & consistent content will be required for all distribution channels
- Experience identifying meaningful, actionable insights to fuel nimble campaigns & initiatives
- Impeccable writing skills
- Experience managing & growing a team
The syrup on your waffles
- Salary to pay your bills, a potential bonus for some splurging, & equity so that youre part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, & dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...).
- 401K program so you have some savings for later in life.
- Extra cash incentives for being healthy & fit (we actually give you money to track your sleep!).
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- Bi-weekly catered lunches to catch up with your teammates.
- Free snacks & coffee, including a huge breakfast selection (10 types of cereal anyone?)
- Nap pods, for those days when you stayed out a little too late...
- A full gifted bed set when you join (mattress, sheets, pillows, the works)!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you, but if youre feeling sleepy, take a nap before applying!