We are looking for Self starter, motivated & extraordinary individuals with strong communication & interpersonal skills to join our Site Reliability Engineering team that supports the database infrastructure, as well as builds & runs a platform that delivers Vimeo product/ services to all of its customers around the world.
What youll do:
- Gain a deep better understanding of Vimeo infrastructure & be capable of debug/troubleshoot any incidents involving any service.
- Be a self-starter who is enthusiastic, motivated, with exceptional interpersonal skills, positive & flexible approach towards problems
- Create, build & innovate technical solutions
- Build tools/services that can handle infrastructure at scale with stress on security, telemetry & monitoring.
- Be oncall for incident escalations & infrastructure task handling.
- Cultivate strong relationships, communication & collaborate with peers & across teams.
- Mentor associate team members & collaborate with them effectively.
Skills & knowledge you should possess:
- BTech/MTech in Computer science or equivalent degree
- Ability to code in Python/Go/Ruby/PHP
- Excellent communication skills
- Application troubleshooting skills, including system, network & database
- Distributed web architecture experience
- Linux platform management skill set
- Thorough understanding of configuration management & build tools like puppet, chef, Ansible, jenkins etc.
- Good understanding of virtualization & containers.
- Experience with the cloud infrastructure/technologies & validate which one fits best for our need be it AWS or Google Cloud
- Experience with algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis, & software design.
You should have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, tight deadline delivery timeline. As a part of this dynamic team, you will help us build the Vimeo experience on a global scale.
Vimeo is the worlds leading all-in-one video software solution. Our platform enables any professional, team, & organization to unlock the power of video to create, collaborate & communicate. We proudly serve our growing community of over 200 million users from creatives to entrepreneurs to the worlds largest companies.