We started with just one home & an idea: to bring homeowners & renters together with smart technology & caring local teams. Today, were the largest full-service vacation rental company in North America thanks to the people who give us their best every day. Youll fit right in here if youre curious, entrepreneurial, & thrive in a rapid-growth environment.
Why Engineering at Vacasa
We build the tools that allow other departments to succeed. Were constantly experimenting & fine-tuning our products. We value stability, security, & scalability. Our favorite word is autonomywe want everyone to have a voice.
What were looking for
Vacasa has a great opportunity for an experienced Senior Front End Engineer to join our fast-growing team.
You should be comfortable with single page web applications using Node.js & UI frameworks like React & web UI frameworks like material design. Knowledge in general web development & other frameworks is a plus.
What youll do
You'll be working on the team that configures & manages smart devices for homes. This group owns the UI for the company to configure smart devices in homes, as well as UI for displaying resulting data. This person will be a part of moving the current UI to the next generation of one page application code as well as developing new systems for managing new integrations & smart home devices, like sound monitors or thermostats.
Skills youll need
- Experience developing & maintaining single page applications with React
- Experience with Front end UI frameworks like Bootstrap or Material UI
- Ability to work both on the front end code, & the API service layer code
- Experience with Node JS & typescript
- Can work independently
- Ability to work from home & resides in one of the followings states: AK, AL, AZ, CA, DE, FL, GA, HI, ID, IL, LA, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MT, NC, NH, NM, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WA, WI, or WY
- Experience with Php development
- Postgress SQL experience
- Django/Python experience
What youll get
- Health/dental/vision insurance - employee & family coverage options
- Employer Sponsored & Voluntary Supplemental Benefits
- 401K retirement savings plan with immediate 100% company match on the first 6% you contribute
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Flexible vacation time
- Paid sick days & holidays
- Paid parental leave after one year of tenure
- Employee Assistance Program
- Career advancement opportunities
- Employee discounts
- All the equipment youll need to be successful
- Great colleagues & culture
- Please visit our careers page to review our full benefits offerings
Vacasa is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse & inclusive workplace. We do not discriminate against applicants based upon race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, & sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or other classes protected by applicable law.
Vacasa is committed to maintaining a safe & productive work environment. Possession, use, or being under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs in the workplace is prohibited.
An offer of employment for this role will be contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.