The front page of the internet," Reddit brings over 430 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, & create across thousands of communities.
The mission of our newly formed Ecosystem team is to support Reddits strategy through the independent evaluation of new initiatives & by being the source of truth of company-level product performance metrics. We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist who would like to join our organization & help build our entire Ecosystem vertical. If you would like to join a thriving new area that is driving the conversation on the most strategic decisions Reddit will take at the executive level over the next months & years, we have a role for you!
How Youll Have Impact:
You will be the eyes & brain behind getting foundational understanding of how Reddit works, & the expected impact of various different strategic initiatives. You will steer Reddits strategy & guide the companys investment so we can fulfill our mission of bringing a sense of community & belonging to everybody in the world.
What Youll Learn:
- You will be exposed to the ins & outs of everything that is happening at Reddit, & as a result will learn about every single strategic area that is being created
- You will work directly with leadership & every Data Science team embedded across the organization.
What Youll Do:
- Be one of the first members of our brand new Ecosystem Pillar at Reddit
- Leverage data to evaluate new strategic initiatives - isolate the correct factors, metrics to monitor & targets
- Create reports & dashboards that will be used for strategic decisions at the most senior levels of the company
- Interact with peers in your team working on Forecasting & Performance reporting, as well as senior Data Scientists, Product, Finance & Business stakeholders across the entire organization
Who You Might Be:
- 4+ years of experience in Data Science or Analytics function in a tech consumer company
- 1-2 years working in a Tech Strategy / Ecosystem role
- Proficient in SQL
- Experience with product metrics across different areas, new metric definition & target setting
- Experience creating & owning reports in visualization tools (Mode, Tableau, Looker, Power BI, etc)
- Strategic intuition & business sense. Can think creatively about how to use data to answer an ambiguous business / product question. Experience with opportunity sizing, target setting
- Experience working with senior cross-functional stakeholders (VP, C-level)
- Self-starter, not afraid of breaking new ground