Harrys started in 2013 with a specific goal: disrupt the shaving industry by creating an innovative, everyday product at a fair price. Since then, Harrys has expanded to Canada & Europe, developed relationships with retailers such as Target & Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, launched three new brands including Flamingo, Cat Person, & Headquarters, & made our first brand acquisition with Lum.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, & logistics specialists, the Harrys team is composed of some of the most brilliant, diverse, & humble people youll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion & innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, & backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 5 or 500, our core values & our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement & learning, teamwork & collaboration, creative problem solving, & open & direct dialogue & feedback.
Harrys is operating as a hybrid-first environment - for us, that means that we ask folks to come into our beautiful, 88,000 square foot SoHo office a minimum of 2 days per week, with flexibility to choose exactly which days work best for you. What will you get out of that? Bagels on Tuesdays, lunch on Wednesdays & Thursdays, & fully stocked kitchens with snacks, coffee, & drinks everyday. Cant forget the free products & the opportunity to have some meetings without Zoom (remember what 2019 was like?)
We are still requiring vaccinations for in-office employees. Reasonable accommodations due to a medical reason or sincerely held religious belief may be made.
About the Team
Harrys is seeking a strategic Senior Copywriter & strong collaborator to work on all brand creative with a focus on creating content within our Creative Comms team. Our mission is to build personalized experiences that make our customers lives easier. We focus on customer needs, ideate on delivering the best products, & design solutions to serve them. We are a team that partners cross-functionally to deliver engaging customer experiences & are always looking to improve & grow.
About the Role
The Senior Copywriters job is to create compelling copy, from taglines & headlines to product descriptions & social captions. Theyll partner with our designers to support the broader marketing team in all day-to-day copy requests.
The Senior Copywriter will develop copy that communicates Harrys key value propositions & drives effective business results as measured by the Creative Comms teams. They enjoy managing the quality of all copy deliverables to ensure they meet Harrys high creative standards, & have an ability to give & take creative feedback & constructive criticism. They are naturally curious & passionate about the brand & storytelling journey & have a desire to work within a cross-functional team to deliver an amazing product.
What you will accomplish:
- Email Marketing: Develop creative storytelling & witty copy in partnership with the art director & email marketing team. This content includes: transactional emails, win-back & seasonal campaigns, as well as product promotional copy.
- Product Descriptions Pages (PDPs): Create product titles & descriptions within brand voice & product category guidelines for Harrys.com & our retail partners e-commerce sites.
- In-Store Marketing (ISM): Lead writer for ISM copy development process, includes: concepting & creating content that ties directly to digital & print advertisements, so that customers who visit our retail partners have a seamless & consistent brand experience.
- Packaging & Collateral: Concept & craft storytelling for limited edition offerings (LTO) & seasonal product sets. Collaborate with designers, brand managers, & the legal team to develop product packaging & print collateral for channels, including retail & DTC.
- Campaigns: Collaborate with cross-functional teams from brand marketing to social & PR to develop strategic content for 360 campaigns, including key seasonal moments (Holiday, Pride, Fathers Day, etc.)
This should describe you:
- Experience writing copy & a background in e-commerce or marketing
- Impeccable & multifaceted copywriting, copy editing & proofreading skills
- Deep understanding of advertising with a strategic approach to the creative process
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, internal workflow, deadlines & stakeholder expectations
- Strong project management skill & experience working cross functionally with creative & marketing teams a plus
- Empathy for the customer & their interaction with the brand
- Organized, dependable & self-motivated with the ability to excel in a hands-on, fast-paced environment
- You are a learner, who is always seeking to improve yourself & the world around you
- You thrive on direct, honest, & supportive communication
- You are always thinking about how to help the teammates around you excel
- Sense of humorwe take our work seriously & not ourselves
Here's who you'll work with:
- Reporting to the Copy Director, partnering closely with Art Directors
- The Harrys brand marketing team
Benefits & perks
- Medical, dental, & vision coverage
- 401k match
- Equity in Harrys
- Unlimited PTO & flexible working hours
- Wellness & L&D stipends
- One month sabbatical after 5 years
- 16 weeks parental leave
- Fun IRL & virtual events including happy hours, team building events, & parties on our rooftop
- Free products from all of our brands
We have a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy.
Harrys is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together.
Harrys is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment & advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire & promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth & related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture & protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state & local laws. Harrys commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline & access to benefits & training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.