When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges & an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago & finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years & we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines & restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, & giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants & consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world & we do this in real time. Millions of customers & thousands of restaurants & riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And were just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at 7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking & travel to retail & communications - its clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FTs list of Europes fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, & we were the first company ever to win Deloittes UK Top 50 two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
Were looking for a S Marketing Manager to support the APAC marketing team with small & large scale projects. This newly formed role will work closely with local teams, PR, channel leads, our external agencies & creative studio to deliver best in class media strategy & campaigns that deliver against our goals. This role reports to the APAC Regional Lead & is based in London.
A successful candidate will be an entrepreneurial analyst. S/He will have a passion for the numbers & have a natural ability to use data to solve business problems. S/he will be a self starter, comfortable with ambiguity in a fast-paced & ever-changing environment, & able to think big while paying careful attention to detail.
Responsible for analysing APAC marketing performance & identifying new opportunities for growth. Track & share business growth indicators, recognising trends, troubleshooting issues & exploring new growth areas.
- Be the point-person on day to day growth, working cross-functionally to identify & uncover trends in growth. Provide insightful, high-quality analysis to support decision making in the context of wider business implications
- Partnering with the APAC marketing team to review & support delivery of the overall marketing strategy. Evaluate large regional marketing campaigns such as mass-comms campaigns or a promotions. Make recommendations about future improvements & promote results sharing across markets & regions.
- Budget Management: work with commercial & marketing finance teams to track regional marketing spend & project any potential issues.
- Challenge the status quo: Help influence a high-performance culture by challenging critical business assumptions with analysis.
- 5+ years commercial experience in an analytical or strategic role
- Experience drawing raw data, creating dashboards & most importantly, making recommendations.
- Good excel skills, SQL a plus.
- Excellent commercial acumen - an analytical problem solver with the ability to effectively articulate findings to stakeholders at various levels
- A self-starter attitude thats comfortable with constant change & enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven track record in making things happen - delivering results quickly & efficiently.
- A creative problem solver who can think things through analytically.
- A proactive, can-do attitude, full of great ideas & able to get stuff done autonomously.
- Great communication skills with a passion for building strong relationships
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, were always looking for new ideas & were very transparent about the decisions we make & why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer & plenty more we havent even encountered. How do data & technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - & there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth & personal impact is enormous.
Benefits & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business & we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away & relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners & because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed & able to share in the companys success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in & how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food & a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-ups around.