Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why & Where
At Twilio, our mission is to power the future of communications. You would build & grow the Pricing Platform organization to augment Twilios Billing Platform. As Billing Platform focuses on delivering the mission of becoming a trusted platform enabling Twilios revenue growth, we will need a pricing platform that enables experimentation & self-service management of static & dynamic pricing models, packaging & bundling. Our vision is to create a pricing platform which accommodates the globally & localized needs of all Twilio product pricing, packaging & bundling.
Twilio is looking for an engineer who lives the Twilio Magic & is excited to take on complex engineering challenges in the fast-growing business of communications.
From you as a candidate, we expect:
- Scalable backend. You understand scalability challenges & the performance of server-side code. You can design & develop horizontally-scalable, resilient & performing-under-load systems.
- Databases. You have experience with multiple storage technologies & can reason about how to choose the suitable storage technology for a given purpose.
- Testing/Operations. You are passionate about quality & can engineer it at all stages of software development. You are able to design & develop a quality pipeline requiring as little human intervention as possible. You like to own a domain end to end, including deploying & operating your services in production.
- Communication & collaboration. You have strong communication skills & desire to make an impact & thrive in small, collaborative, energetic teams.
- Technical Lead. You are strong technically & can lead a group of engineers to finish a task or a project. You are passionate about engineering hygiene & operational excellence. Provide technical guidance & mentorship for junior engineers & help them grow.
- Experience. 7+ years experience as a SWE focused on distributed systems, performance, managing large scale infrastructure programs. Experience in Java, Python, Scala or at least one framework in which you can be called an expert. Ability to design & manage CI / CD pipelines (Jenkins, Buildkite etc.).
- Degree. Bachelors or Masters degree or equivalent experience is required.
As a Staff software engineer, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- DRAW THE OWL & DONT SETTLE: Not every problem has a textbook solution. You will be expected to research the unknowns, implement & iterate. Educate your team as you go. Collaborate on roadmaps with Product Managers, Architects, & cross teams to ensure the organization has clear direction & priorities related to performance metrics that track business performance.
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Own, operate, design, implement & maintain Pricing Strategy services. Employ Agile methodologies to continuously deliver value to customers. Enhance & maintain a rotating on-call incident escalation & response process.
- DONT SETTLE: Live & champion mature, high-quality engineering through writing tests, valuing code maintainability, documenting your work, etc
- WRITE IT DOWN: Twilio is a global, fast-growing company that builds complex systems. To be successful in joining these globally built complex parts of the system, You will be expected to write down the requirements, design, implementation, etc.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: You will primarily collaborate with other Billing & Customer life cycle teams based in Denver, Mountain view, San Francisco & Dublin (Ireland), of course, rest of the Twilio engineering globally. You will empower the team to take calculated risks to develop products & help them achieve operational excellence.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMERS SHOES: Deliver detailed technical engineering plans & architecture for a pricing platform to globally & locally support static & dynamic pricing that is self-service for Sales & Product teams. Also work with the developers to understand their pain points & help the team prioritize the backlog accordingly.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the worlds developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our San Francisco, Mountain View, or Denver office.. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits & perks to support the physical, financial, & emotional well being of you & your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work & be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video & email by virtualizing the worlds communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developers toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the worlds largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.