About Noodle Partners
Ten years ago, the Noodle Partners team helped invent online education. Ten years is an eternity in a tech-driven field, so now were re-reinventing how higher ed happens online. Measured against traditional Online Program Managers (OPMs), Noodle Partners brings programs online less expensively, with greater agility & in better alignment with universities goals.
Online education is no longer a novel or niche idea. It is the fastest growing segment in higher education, accounting for 20% of all enrollees & 30% of graduate-level certificates & degrees. Its also getting increasingly competitive, as more & better programs are launched every semester. Universities need to go online quickly, economically & elegantly, creating programs that students cant wait to tell their friends about & that their professors want to teach. Noodle Partners helps them reimagine what online learning can be.
- Beautiful office space in Edtech Factory off Union Square
- Competitive salary, 401K offering, & bonus plan
- Mac or PC? You decide
- Our insurance offers medical, dental, vision, short- & long-term disability coverage, plus supplementals for all employees & dependents
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Paid vacation & sick days
- Subsidized gym membership at the New York Health & Racquet Club to help you stay active
- Yearly education stipend for lifelong learning
- Fully stocked break room with snacks & drinks
We are hiring a Program Operations, Finance Lead to help us build our university budgets, manage our monthly reporting to universities, & conduct an on-going analysis of our spend.
Each month, we spend hundreds of thousands of dollars marketing, building & managing world-class online programs. The Program Operations, Finance Lead will manage the University budgeting & long-term financial modeling processes as we rapidly expand our operations. The individual will also undertake ad hoc financial analyses & modeling which will provide a unique view of the finances of our an ambitious, entrepreneurial company growing at an incredible rate. We need a leader to take charge of this operation, set up the appropriate systems & processes, & help us take this initiative to the next level.
The position is located in the Noodle Partners office in New York City.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Establish standard methodologies for the preparation of short, medium & long term forecasts;
- Participate in the annual operating planning process & related financial planning budget process;
- Prepare & analyze the annual program operating budgets for Universities in cooperation with internal leadership & external representatives of the Universities;
- Deliver the monthly reporting on program operating budget expenditures;
- Participate in the analysis of the monthly financial results including the interpretation of current month performance as a predictive tool for attainment of quarterly & full year performance expectations;
- Actively participate in the creation & management of financial & operational metrics to provide management with concise information regarding current company performance;
Qualifications & Skills
- Advanced Excel skills are a must & a working knowledge of NetSuite is a plus
- Strong attention to detail
- Solid project management skills, particularly in managing multiple requests & collaborating with various stakeholders;
- A can-do attitude this is a start-up, which means you must be able to embrace uncertainty with poise;
- A team mentality theres much work to be done & its essential it is completed with a collaborative spirit;
- Amazing time & project management skills - see above.
- You relish feedback. We have incredibly high expectations. We're all about getting our processes & our skills better every day. We don't hold back -- the work is too important. We expect to give & get constructive feedback -- we ask each other thoughtful questions, we help each other find solutions. We do this together.
- Some lightheartedness - we work hard, we care about our work, our campuses & the students they serve but we also work hard to enjoy the journey.
Please apply to this position if you feel that you meet most or all qualifications! We look forward to speaking to you about joining the team.