ACV Auctions is the leading dealer-to-dealer, online automotive marketplace in the nation. We bring transparency to every transaction from start to finish, ensuring peace of mind & value for our customers. We do this with a combination of the industrys best technology & the worlds best people. As a result of our teams tireless effort & dedication, were growing at a staggering rate. ACV is attracting new people from widely different backgrounds & geographies who are invested in the genuine belief that we are creating something special.
Who we are looking for:
ACV Auctions is looking for a Software Engineer that will work on a cross-functional agile team in operational tools, product, or infrastructure. You will work alongside software & production engineers to build & ship new features that will drive the growth of ACV Auctions. We value practical software experience in addition to a thorough understanding of computer science fundamentals. The technologies you are familiar with are less important to us than your ability to solve complex software problems & apply software engineering best practices.
What you will do:
- Design, develop, & maintain code for our web-based applications, backend services, & distributed systems.
- Collaborate with software & production engineers to design scalable services, plan feature roll-out, & ensure high reliability & performance for your products.
- Conduct code reviews, contribute high-quality documentation & build robust test suites for your products.
What you will need:
- BS degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline or equivalent practical experience.
- Minimum 5 years of experience working with relational & distributed databases.
- Experience working with at least one or a combination of the following: AngularJS, React, Vue.js
- You have experience in a highly iterative environment with automated testing & continuous delivery.
- Experience building RPC services using either Thrift, gRPC, or equivalent
- Experience with containers & Kubernetes
What we will offer:
- Competitive salary & benefits
- Upbeat Innovated Culture
- Professional training opportunities
- Flexible schedules
ACV Auctions is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) & all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.