At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
Lyft is hiring a Financial Data Analyst for its Financial Planning & Analysis Team. The ideal candidate is a team-oriented individual who is passionate about data driven analytics, insights & decision making. This role will perform analytical deep dives focusing on key financial & operational metrics as well as collaborate with the Business Intelligence & Data Engineering teams to build necessary data infrastructure & pipelines to support FP&As reporting, data, & analytics needs.
- Ensure the development of an automated reporting process that covers metrics as well as financial results, & connects the two in an appropriate & accurate manner
- Perform complex analysis of datasets, build accurate data maps, & conduct regular data validation; communicate database changes to downstream users, relay data users requirements to BI team, systems architects & admins
- Prepare & review relevant financial analyses comparing actuals to forecasts & budgets
- Standardize & automate existing FP&A reports, metrics, & dashboards in addition to designing new financial/business reporting packages for senior management
- Function as an analyst & business partner to model, design, & build business solutions that improve Lyfts FP&A processes
- Maintain & document current & new system process flows
- Support rest of the FP&A team with ad-hoc analysis as necessary
- BA/BS with 3+ years of experience in financial planning & analysis or another discipline with similar analytical rigor
- Proficiency in SQL with 2+ years of experience working with large data sets
- Data visualization/BI experience (Tableau or Mode a plus)
- Strong Excel & PowerPoint skills
- Strong business acumen in Finance
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills
- Experience working with financial planning systems (either Anaplan, Adaptive Insights, or Host Analytics) a plus
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive & diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state & local law.