Meet PistonHeads, the #1 visited car community in the UK, recently acquired by CarGurus the #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus & PistonHeads, were building the worlds most trusted & transparent automotive marketplace where its easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
CarGurus, founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), is a technology company with a passion for data & its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms & innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation & vehicle history.
PistonHeads is looking for aSenior Front-End Engineerto join our engineering team in London, UK.We are looking for a motivated & well-rounded senior front-end engineer who is comfortable with full stack development to help us build software from the ground up, leveraging the latest technologies, using data to drive decisions, collaborating with other smart people, & moving quickly, then you've found the right place.
As aSenior Front-End Engineerat PistonHeads, you will take an active interest in design, user experience, accessibility, & performance of the front-end codebase. You will also be deeply engaged in designing, developing, testing, deploying, maintaining, monitoring & improving our full stack of software. You will deploy code daily & use data to drive our decisions, while delivering software & analytics to consumers & dealers. You will own your projects & collaborate with fellow engineers & product partners as you solve interesting problems with a global impact.And no, you do not need to know about cars to work here.
Who You Are:
- Previous experience with front-end development
- Previously worked with React/Redux, Vue/Vuex, or similar
- Familiar with WAI-ARIA, WCAG 2.1, & accessibility in general
- Know when to use float, inline-block, flex, or CSS grid
- Comfortable with a git rebase
- Experience building scalable websites or large-scale applications, ideally doing so with Amazon Web Services
- Expertise with .NET or similar object-oriented languages is a bonus
- Good understanding of MySQL, MongoDB, or similar relational & document databases
- Understanding of how to build high volume, distributed back-end services with latest technologies
- A good understanding of visual & user centred design
- Able to work independently, as well as collaboratively
PistonHeads & CarGurus Culture:
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity & collaboration. True to our start-up roots, were nimble, flexible & hardworking. We have a great respect for testing & learning & a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Face to face communication is the best way to collaborate, & we expect people in our fully equipped offices all week, but we make sure the balance of home & family life is supported for those odd times you need to work different hours.
In addition to the UK, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the US & Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in London, UK, Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI & Dublin, Ireland. If youd like to learn more, please visitour careers page.