See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Software Engineer on our Marketing Analytics team.
Who we are & why were hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications & data solutions that help companies & developers worldwide build better applications & customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia & Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism & all forms of oppression & bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, & we're looking for more builders, creators, & visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to support Marketing Analytics as a Backend Software Engineer.
As a Developer on Twilio-Engage Marketing Analytics teams, youll have the opportunity to grow & evolve a brand new product, but also to see the rapid adoption of your creation as Twilio Engage reaches new customers.
This product will face enterprise-scale usage very early in its life cycle. We need to scale right out of the gate. The position will provide an amazing opportunity to contribute & make an impact on a fast paced development.
You will need to understand & articulate the trade-offs between new functionality & stability. You will need to persuade all involved to make the right architectural choices for the long-term technical health of the product.
In this role, youll:
- Work with a collaborative team to brainstorm ideas, build new features, & scale out our platform
- Design engineering solutions, execute on projects, & debug complex systems & applications
- Reviewing code, offer improvements to practices & processes to impact the team & larger organization
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners from Product, Design, & Engineering to deliver on projects & influence product roadmaps & sprints
- Put yourself in the customers shoes by understanding how they use our products & advocating for solutions that represent their needs
- Cultivate a culture of empowerment & psychological safety
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, & we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having desired qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 2+ years of industry experience
- Strong engineering fundamentals, with fluency in languages such as NodeJS, Go
- Experience building API products with frameworks such as REST & GraphQL
- Experience building web applications that delight customers & the developers working on them
- Experience designing, developing, & operating services in cloud-deployed environments
- Exposure to SDLC from reviewing requirements to debugging complex systems in production
- Bachelors and/or Masters degree, preferably in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
This role will be remote, & based in the East Coast, USA.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental & wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, & much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, & are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering & donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, & be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
(Location dependent information)
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well. The information below is provided for those hired in Colorado only.
*If you are a Colorado applicant:
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $109,280.00- $150,260.
- Non-Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidates starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, & geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilios equity plan & for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.